style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't so much have a problem with anyone - but I do need clarification on where I stand, please.

My car insurance runs out 9th November and I'd just started looking around for quotes.

Last night I had a minor bump (my fault). I asked the driver to get a quote to see if I can avoid a claim but I'm going to struggle to pay it so it will end up being a claim. So as the claim will happen whilst with my current insurer, I would inform them. That much I know.

However, if my repairs (just cosmetic) are not done before 8th November can I still switch to another insurer as of the 9th or am I duty bound to stay with my current insurer for another year?

I have a quote already provided by another company (before the crash happened) and I was going to accept it. Could I still accept this quote without mentioning the new, impending claim?

I have a quote already provided by another company (before the crash happened) and I was going to accept it. Could I still accept this quote without mentioning the new, impending claim?

A condition of all policies states that you must notify them of any change in circumstances.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Yes, you can still swap insurers.

No, you can't avoid telling the new insurer of the bump. (which means they will change the quote anyway)