Apology for Mistake letter from C&G

tinka
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Just had a letter from C&G - cannot scan sorry so please bear with me....

Refs etc

AC Number

Dear Ms >>>>

Important news about your mortgage account

I'm writing to apologise for a mistake we have made on your mortgage account.

The mistake happened when we made a change to your mortgage. This would have been either when you took out a new mortgage product or when you asked us to complete a specific transaction on your account.

At that poinnt we incorrectly calculated your new monthly mortgage payment because we did not include the repayment of the fee associated with the change. This mistake has meant you have been paying less than you should have been since the change to your account was made.

To correct this we have credited £$$.$$ to your mortgage account. This payment is made up of the amount of interest that you were charged in error plus an amount that reduces the balance on your mortgage to the level it would habe been at had we not made this error.

As a result of these changes your new monthly payment from 1/11/12 will be ££££.££ (around £30 less than currently pay)

There is then a further bit of bumph obout if I make overpayments etc and another form letter of questions and answers.

Initial questions are....

They state I have underpaid, yet my payment has gone down...I am assuming it is because I make overpayments

They don't state what the event that caused the mistake was or what date it happened, so how do I know they have calculated correctly...

A bit of background to the mortgage...

Had a joint mortgage with ex - I took out a new mortgage in my own name (new mortgage not a transfer) on a 3 year fixed rate...at end of fixed term I took out a new fix(can't recall how long but could find out)...then at end of that term I have left it at current rate where I also now make overpayments of around 600 to 700 a month.

I want to send them a letter asking for details of when this happened and what event caused it, but should I be asking anything else that will help in the long term?

Many thanks

Tinks

Edited by tinka
typo
:|If you're going through hell, keep going! :|

I too have rerceived this letter, according to their helpline, they have sent out thousands over the past few weeks.

In my case my mortgage repayment has gone up. I tried to find out some basic stuff like what was the 'error'? how much was the charge? what was it for? when did it occur? but neither the helpline nor the branch could tell me anything! The branch has now referred it to head office for a reply which they say will take no more than 2 weeks. The counter assistant thought it may refer to an additional loan in 2003!!

Is there not a time limit on a bank or BS claiming back charges?

I would certainly look further into it, it is either a massive cock-up by C&G or an attempt to claw back money; eother way they're not handlinbg it at all well, so i wouldmn't trust them to get it right this time either.

Paul

Hi Paul,

All very odd really...I did speak to the CS regarding my overpayment and asked if they knew what was going on...she did confirm they had sent out loads of letters, first said it was to do with my mortgage from 2006, then said it was my 99 sub account, then she went off to speak to someone and came back and said it was basically because I made overpayment and they hadn't adjusted the interest. Complete load of bull....

I've sent a letter asking for breakdown of how the payment was allocated, when the error happened, what was it calculated on and what should it have been...will see what I get back. I think there is a time limit on them claiming back something that was their fault, but not sure what it is.

Tinks

:|If you're going through hell, keep going! :|