i offered vanquis money, they didnt take it, defaulted me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have a vanquis card that is 80quid from paid off. In December I called up to get a new card and was told I was on a repayment, and I couldn't get a new card. I spoke then to a guy who strangely said that because of charges/ppi, I would be able to give a settlement of under a hundred quid to clear the balance which was 191 and it would be satisfied on my credit file. Would I take it. Of course I would. I told the guy I would pay on Jan 3 as agreed as my student loan went in. I remember this vividly because he said 6am (bizarre) and I told my housemate this and he commented it was a good deal. I gave them my card details ( I know it sounds stupid but I trusted them, I see now I should have paid them ) but come January no payment is taken. I have bank statements to prove this and records on my phone of calls. Funny, maybe I had misunderstood. I left it until Feb. Around this time to my horror when I contacted them I was told I had been narrowly missed being passed to a dca and that it was in the process. First credit. This then turned into cars. I set up a payment arrangement with them, (cars) and never heard or had any such default from firstcredit.

Vanquis claimed they could not deal with me so I was left with the ineptitude of cars. In I think august, cars accused me of not paying. I later discovered this was because they do not do standing orders or dd, instead it is all done on card numbers and I replaced my debit card, so when they charged me, the payment did not take. I rang them asking why they had stopped taking my payments and the card thing was explained. Anyway to my horror, I saw my call credit and experian files... I have a default from vanquis in April!! I offered them the money in january, they did not take it out then they issue me with a default, then I am accused of not paying the repayments because of some cowboy dca!

I want to dispute this default. If vanquis had taken the money at all or properly, this would never have happened and the account would be settled by now. I want this default removed! I was totally shocked. They've passed me onto cars this cowboy outfit and now won't even speak to me about my account. How should I go about getting this horrifying default removed? Thanks,

Edited by annemarie83

This is very unclear :

1 was the debt ever passed to 1st Credit?

2.Which company placed the default.?

3. Was the default place prior to the December phone call?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This is very unclear :

1 was the debt ever passed to 1st Credit?

2.Which company placed the default.?

3. Was the default place pyrior to the December phone call?

Hi sorry. The deafault is dated April. I have 4 statements from Dec-April. My statement is issued on the 4th of each month. Dec statement no mention of first credit, only of late payment and arrears. This is when I call. they agree to pay it off with my card ( there are my notes in pen on my statement regarding this call so I know exactly what happened). January 4 statement comes, no mention of first credit. I think well obviously my payment wasn't put on as it happened that day..February 1st credit become involved. Vanquis no longer will deal with me. I'm really mad about this thing and now I have to deal with somebodody called cars in may. In April I now find out somebody defaulted me. When I rang vanquis up they claimed to have no details for me and it must have been passed over at some point to firstcredit or in the process, but they don't know. It's with a dca now.

Sorry, I've never actually received any correspondence from this firatcredit, ever. Cars started sending me crappy hysterical letters about doorstep agents in April may time and I have no idea who placed the default. Vanquis won't discuss my account as its with dca.

Ok we are talking 2012 here?

What company name shows on your credit reference files now is it CARS? (important to know this)

My guess is Vanquis registered the default

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I think that they ignored any offers for payment or did not log them and instead I was passed into the ether and got a default. This is a massive deal for me as my other defaults are from 2008/9 and I'm only just getting my credit file clean. Then they come out of nowhere, and pass me to a dca. though strangely, the default only appears on callcrefit and experian. Equifax shows it as ap. I'm worried if I challenge it, they'll update equifax too and make it worse ( ive worked hard to claw myself up to'fair' on there)

Is that the Vanquis payment holliday scheme?

Not sure, ill have to check paperwork, but it was basically useless as I remember, which was perhaps why the person mentioned he'd take payment of 96 quid because of charges. Which was precisely why I gave them my details to pay it!

• 3 weeks later...
Anybody have any ideas about things I could include in my complaint letter? Have they breached anything? Or have they just been incompetent?

The plot thickens with this....

This default only showed on experian. As I was preparing to write to them, out of the blue, they whacked a default onto equifax!

The weird thing is....its raised my credit score 65 points to fair!! Whats going on? Now I'm worried about disputing it, in case my score drops to poor. Why on earth would this happen?? It's madness.

What would people advise?

I would appear that there has been a delay in updating files.

If you feel the default is wrong yes contest it with Vanquis.

Should I do this via equifax or letter? They did not inform me that it was passed onto a dca and they did not take this money. How do I prove they didn't do something? I have bank statements and their statements, but this is all. I heard somebody on here say that vanquished are notorious for being unable to provide original credit agreements. Should I take the cca route? Any idea of what sort of argument I should start with would be good. Thanks,