how long can my employer take to consider my grievance appeal??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new to all this so i hope i'm doing this correctly.

I have been off work since 10th May, as i had a nervous breakdown from three years of sustatined bullying and discrimination at work. My Occupational Therapist, sent me to HR, who promptly sent me home, pending investigation into my grievance.

I have been sending in sick notes since.

My grievance was dismissed, however i appealed on grounds that i hadn't been taken seriously, i attended an appeal hearing on 15th August, then another "follow-up" meeting on 14th September, however i haven't heard from them since.

is this normal? and when should i expect to hear from them?

Thank you in advance

:|

in my employers grievance procedure (with regards time limits) it states:

"All stages in the grievance procedure will be dealt with as swiftly as is reasonably practicable, and usually (except for reasons beyond management's control) within 14 days of a grievance being raised at a particular stage of the procedure there will be a hearing to attempt to resolve it."

The only other reference to time limits are the 7 days to appeal the grievance decision (which i have done)

As i have no experience in these matters, i wondered if grievances normally take this long to conclude?

Hi,

it will depend on the scope of the investigation, but really they can take as long as they like - i would say that 28 days is a reasonable wait time before asking what is happening.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)