DFS faulty broken sofas

dt1234565

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, here I am another DFS customer with three broken sofas!

We purchased our "Oskar" sofas from dfs 2 years ago, Sunday the largest sofa broke in half and the arms on the two other sofas move in and out all the time.

The dfs "upholsterer" advised they are all faulty and the largest sofa should of been built with a foot in the middle as its too long to support itself.

They have offered to come out and strip all thre sofas apart to see what the problem is. He couldn't fix it then as the problems too big and has offered to come back after his holiday with a colleague!

We do not want theses repairs we want our money back. We spent nearly £6000 on these sofas they should not need repairing after two years surely!

The sale of goods act details their responsibility to yourself. Have a read http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/forcustomers

(The OFT also have this video for furniture)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 6 months later...

I have too made the mistake of placing an order with the dfs Artisan Suíte, 3, 2 and a 1 seat leather suite. Had it delivered a couple of days ago. All three are defective in every Way possible. Grazes, rips, broken leg,Extremely loose stitching,uneaven stitchin amd lines. The leather looks ,WELL , not like leather, more like pvc iregardless of me paying upto £500 xtra for the best leather. I placed the order on the 24th feb 13 for delivery for 28th April 13. I have written to the head office in doncaster explaining the problem in detail a day after the delivery and also spoke to the área manager on the phone 3 times and in person on the day of 28th April. I have taken a 4 year intrest free option with DFS where_by i dont pay nothing for the first year. A guy is coming down tomorrow to check the suite and make a decision. Is there anything else i can do???? Please help and advise Guys....