style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3106 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've not posted here in a long long time, hopefully someone can give me some advice. I've just been advised by Royal Mail that my post has been getting delivered to a similar address in my street but that it's my responsibility to get my mail back.

Is this right?

I've tried a few times to get an answer but either the flat is empty, or the person living there is away / not answering. There's some important letters that I know have been posted but have likely ended up there.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to get them back?

I seem to recall RM having some sort of pilot scheme where if the occupant is not in they will deliver to a neighbour. However this doesn't seem to be the case here?

First thing is to make sure RM only delivers to your house from now on.

Secondly, If the house is empty or you can't get an answer you are going to have to contact the originators of the letters to have them re sent.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Formal Complaint to Royal Mail especially if the mail was correctly addressed which seems the case as Royal Mail have by there own admission admitted that your mail was in fact delivered to an incorrect address as it was similar to yours.

This is neither your fault or your problem to rectify but Royal Mails they have incorrectly delivered your mail to the wrong address leaving you open to possible theft, fraud, identity theft etc.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group