• Tweets

• Well, perhaps pointing that out in the first place was a tad sarcastic, so, I generally reply to sarcasm with sarcasm.    Bottom line is, the reason distance sales open more avenues for a consumerrights etc is because people get duped by dodgy traders rather frequently.       I believe your own first response was, good luck with the 12 months extension, which is already in my favour, so a bit more savvy in knowing what you're talking about before you responded would maybe have prevented me from pointing out that yes, I do indeed have the 12 months extension. 
    • "Is it just that? Oh I thought it was because of all the effort he and others made to rightly bring DCBL to court. But he just got lucky there I suppose   "All the effort put in"? You mean there was some kind of entrapment? Surely not.
    • Annoying as it is, people can order food delivery, eat it, and claim a refund, so how can you persuade them that isn't the case here? how are you going to show that in your case you didn't eat the food as it was so bad?   Did you contact the takeaway (at the time) as well as Just Eat, and tell them the food wasn't to standard?? If so, what did they say?.   In a restaurant the diner has the ability to leave the poor food, and bring it to the attention of the serving staff. Not an option in the case of a delivery (except if you take it back to the provider, which negates the point of delivery, but does make it plain there is a major quality issue).   I doubt you'll get the whole £27 back, and how much effort do you want to put in, for the expectation of how much refund?.   £27 (at most!)?. Leave them a poor review, don't order from them again, and move on..........    
    • Yes, quite distinct difference Scotlands first minister does seem to quite clearly demonstrate she understands the reasons, the personal situations and have real sympathy in stark contrast to Johnson the Liar and Handcock   and I note MP's are still getting away with breaking rules when they should be both leading by, and punished as examples   https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-sammy-wilson-caught-on-camera-without-face-mask-on-public-transport-39559186.html   Despite clearly being shown sat reading something, with more reading matter readily available, Wilson claims he only 'momentarily took his mask off to answer a telephone call and 'denied witness claims he did not wear a mask for the entirety of his tube journey from Westminster to Heathrow   Wilson has repeatedly railed against face masks 'muzzles' and declared himself being reported as “like East Germany under the Stasi”       https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/dups-sammy-wilson-caught-on-camera-without-face-mask-on-public-transport-39559186.html   Interesting that honourable MP's and even some advisors have resigned for less.. Nicola Sturgeons' for example.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

LSC Registering a Statutory Charge after 16 Years for Legal Aid which didn’t preserve Property

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2791 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi - I'm a new user here, I don't really understand forums but am desperate for some help and had been looking at a similar thread re. the LSC registering a Statutory Charge after 14 years but that has not been commented on since 2010.

Unfortunately, I have a deadline coming up on 2 November so thought I best post a new thread due to the time constraints! I would really appreciate any guidance or advice as this is becoming very worrying and stressful now. This is going to be quite complicated to explain but here goes...

It's a very long story but my parent's had some issues when they got into difficulty with their mortgage payments and had to attend a number of court hearings, paid for by both themselves and Legal Aid. So they did receive Legal Aid back in 1991 - but did not recover or preserve money or property as a result of that Legal Aid (property already preserved prior to Legal Aid being issued – Legal Aid was subsequently issued to take counsel’s advice re. a counter claim, and never actually took place). My father has since passed away and my mother and I now own the property.

We (my mum and I) received letters (B136 Notice) from the Land Registry dated 8 August 2012 informing us that they had received an application from the Legal Services Commission (LSC) to "register a restriction in the Proprietorship Register" of our property as a Statutory Charge has arisen in it's favour under either under the Legal Aid Act 1988 or Access to Justice Act 1999.

The letter stated that the Land Registry relied on the LSC's statement and had no further details of how the charge arose in this case. We were instructed to either Object to the Application or Consent to it before 12noon on 30 August 2012.

We sent replies to Object to the application on the grounds that:-

1. The LSC are out of time under Section 20 of the Limitation Act 1980.

2. The LSC said that the property had now converted into Registered Land status from Unregistered land but this was not true and evidence was provided to prove this.

3. Statutory Charge does not apply as my parent's preserved the property at their own cost prior to Legal Aid.

There were then a few letters back and forth, with us providing more information and the Land Registry saying they would put our objections to the LSC (although they haven't been passing on much info in our direction). We were then asked if we were prepared to negotiate, to which we agreed. The correspondence has now culminated in a letter from the Land Registry dated 12 October noting that whilst we are prepared to negotiate, the LSC are not and we now have until 2 November to withdraw our objections or the case will now be referred to the adjudicator!

It feels as though our valid objections are being constantly overlooked (i.e. we have put points forward but time and time again they don't refer to these in their responses and in fact state things which we haven't said!). We are now really concerned as know that once the case is referred to the adjudicator events are completely out of our hands and we will start incurring costs (which we can ill afford – my mother is retired). We just have to trust they are not working hand in glove from the lack of information and clarification being provided when put forward queries.

Any help would be much appreciated. (Incidentally, I notice that some messages mention you will get more help by posting in a sub-forum but I am unsure how to do this / which would be best?)

Many Thanks.

Hello Bexter2012, welcome to the CAG.

Enjoy your visit, but take some time to look around the forum and understand where everything is.

It can seem confusing at first but you will start to find your way round and to understand what a helpful community we are.

You haven't received any replies to your post yet. Try posting your query again in a relevant sub-foum. You will get the help and support you need there.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Bexter

I have moved your thread to the relevant forum (Legal Issues) were you will get a more detailed response.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

Hi

My mum is currently going through EXACTLY the same process with the LSC!!! Our case was referred to the adjudicator in December. The LSC had 28 days to submit there statement of case. They did not and requested an extension which they have also missed. They now have till the 12 feb to submit there case, otherwise it gets sent back to the land reg.

If you have already submitted your case let me know would could assist each other maytbe!!!

Were quite sure the limitations act should apply.

Thanks,

flat_pro...a very useful reference thanks for that....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html