Hotel Complaints (can I Get A Refund?)

sealover1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

we stayed in a hotel in blackpool for 3 nights (Grand Metropole hote) and the room was ment to be a non smoking delux room with full board (breakfast and dinner). what we ending up with is a room that stunk of smoke, bad food and the room had really badly stained , damp walls and ceilings and the view from the windows was of cigarette butts where other people had been smoking in the room and chucking them out on the balcony. we did complain but never got anything done about it, when i got back home I wrote a letter to the manager who just offered us 1 night free at the hotel and what i wanted was a full refund as we paid top money of £100 a night for a delux room and we never got what we paid for. we took lots of photos of the room never seemed to make any diffrant to the manager.

do you think I can take this to a small claims court and can i get legal aid for this sort of thing being a small amount of money?

I Did try ringing my credit card company to see if they could get my money back but they were not help either :(

Edited by sealover1

I don't think you will get a full refund unless you force the issue. If you had refused to stay and went elsewhere then perhaps but you chose to accept the room as you stayed 3 nights and had the poor food.

However what you should get is compensation for the condition of the room and 1 night free stay isn't really enough especially as you will not want to stop there again.

I would write again under the heading 'letter before action' rejecting their offer of one night stay and give them 7 days to refund the full amount or else you will commence proceedings against them in the county court.

You could also insist your credit card company places a chargeback. Don;t be fobbed off by them.

Also you won't need legal aid, its very simple to issue proceedings.

hi Nagasis,

I already did say to them i will take it to the small claims court but they said the one night offer is all they would offer at this time.

I did try to find another hotel rather then stay there but it was the lights light up weekend at blackpool and everywhere was fully booked on the front.

I live in devon so driving 350 odd miles to stay a free night is not on.

the credit card people are vanquis and said they would not help, I always thought that if i paid by credit card for items over £200 I was protected if i use a credit card, anyone know the rules on this please?

Hi

As this Hotel is actually part of Britannia Hotels Ltd i would also suggest writing to there Head Office and informing them of the Grand Metropole Hotel.

Head Office

Britannia Hotels Ltd

Halecroft

253 Hale Road, Hale

Altrincham

Cheshire

WA15 8RE

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I write to the hotel saying if i do not get a reply i will write to there head office (Britannia Hotels Ltd ) i did write to the head office and they passed it back to the hotel and the hotel emailed me back saying they will not make another offer.

i,m still wondering if i can not make a claim off my credit card using the Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act?