Old HBOS 'Charge For Payment Of Money' still valid??? (Scotland)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm in Scotland, I suppose I should get that part out of the way.

I had a BOS credit card (opened the account in 2001), which had a balance of £ 8,246.

I was no longer able to pay the monthly bill (due to loss of my job because of long-term ill-health)

and, stupidly, stuck my head in the sand.

(I should also point out that over and above this credit card I had been, and continue to be,

a Bank Of Scotland customer, with both a saving account (that's a joke lol) and a current account.

The default date was June 2007, and a decree was granted at the local Sheriff Court on 8th January 2008,

and the Decree was extracted on 23rd January 2008.

Again I ignored that, along with the subsequent 'Charge For Payment Of Money' (left at my address by Sheriff Officers on 2nd July 2008).

In the past couple of years I've been VERY slowly trying to sort out my credit file

and have made some progress (some other credit agreements have dropped off my credit file and others have been time-barred and removed).

This BoS debt is the only biggie I have left hanging over me but I'm not sure how to proceed.

Should I just hold tight until after the 6 year anniversary of my default date (which is now only 8 months away) and it drops off my credit report?

Or will that not happen because of the legal stuff connected to this old credit card debt?

Another slight concern is that, since that time, after my marriage broke up and I had subsequently moved house to live on my own

(hence being able to work on my credit file without external interference lol),

I was able to open my own individual cardcash account.

This was the only bank account available to me at the time because of my poor credit history,

but after a year of maintaining the account in good order, I was offered a full current account.

I still have both these accounts and have had no problems with them and have even had the occasional overdraft facility in the past.

So......are BoS likely to make a move on my current account because of this old credit card debt?

I guess the gist of this verrrry long, rambling story is

....will the credit agreement details be removed from my credit file after the 6 year mark (regardless of the legal stuff)

and can BoS make any claim on my existing accounts once this credit agreement drops off my credit file?

Phew!

i think they would have off set already if they could.

as you are in scotland its 5yrs to SB.

so

i dont think anyone can do a thing to you.

once a debt is SB'ed in scotland

it is EXTINQUISHED, gone - enf off

unlike Eng/wales whereby the debt still exists.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I've moved this thread to the Dealing with Debt in Scotland Forum.

After you received the charge for payment did the Sheriff Officers ever follow up on this.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Nothing else happened after that...I moved out some time later and have heard nothing since.

This all despite having had at least one Bank of Scotland account, and subsequently two more.

I realise that when June comes it'll drop off my credit file with Equifax (which is the only place I see any sign of it)

but I suppose my biggest worry is that they could still somehow 'come after me' for the money after that date,

because there was a legal aspect to it, even in the distant past?

:-(

With a decree they have 20 years to action and collect, though as they seem to have done nothing for a number of years you could use the Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act to dispute you owe the

debt. I take it's been well over 5 years since you made any sort of payment to this debt.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert