Removal of Vodafone Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help, Back in 2008 i struggled with payments to vodafone but i eventually cleared my balance in 2008 of £300.00, I have just looked on my experian report to find Vodafone have defaulted me with a balance of "satisfied" I had no letters to say why? I now have to wait another 2 years for removal but i am recently married with two small children and very much wanted to apply for a mortage, This is the only late/Default on my credit rating everything else is all up to date .

This is really getting me down, as i did pay the balance back in 2008 yet i have to wait 6 years for this to be removed, Is there anyway or advice to help me get the default removed?

Thanks in advance

The entry is a proper reflection of the conduct of the account, with the information you have provided I can't see any obvious flaws in what has been done.

A creditor is obliged when reporting to CRAs to ensure what is published is accurate and upto date.

Your only hope is to appeal for a gesture of goodwill from VF, write to their Data Controller and ask.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I wonder if anyone can help, Back in 2008 i struggled with payments to vodafone but i eventually cleared my balance in 2008 of £300.00, I have just looked on my experian report to find Vodafone have defaulted me with a balance of "satisfied" I had no letters to say why? I now have to wait another 2 years for removal but i am recently married with two small children and very much wanted to apply for a mortage, This is the only late/Default on my credit rating everything else is all up to date .

This is really getting me down, as i did pay the balance back in 2008 yet i have to wait 6 years for this to be removed, Is there anyway or advice to help me get the default removed?

Thanks in advance

Hi Aimienice4u,

I can appreciate the concerns you have here.

Whilst I can't guarantee the outcome I'm more than happy to get matters reviewed further for you.

To enable me to do this could you email me with the relevant details via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi lee

WRT135 - CAG [#10264094]‏ was the number given

I tried to contact someone earlier VIA email, But all they gave me was details about my account i have now with you, This account is fine & up to date its my old account back from 2008 I have the query with

Many thanks

Michael

Just a quick update, Spoke to someone in customer services, He was very abrupt and blank , despite me still being with Vodafone and the simple fact is i missed one payment which was paid the very next month of a whole £30 pounds not £300 as i thought, The default will infact remain on my credit file, destroying all hope of a morgage for at least another 3 years, Whats more i was never passed to a collection agency or issued a default notice, Apprently They don't have to issue one.

According to the Vodafone customer service, its automatic and they can NOT remove a default , On leaving the conversation all he said was * well i got a morgage with a default*

Nice ! Lets just say i will not be renewing my contract at the end of the month.

Utter nonsense a default for one misssed payment is unfair cut out the customer (dis) service mob a formall complaint addressed to the data controller is the way to progress.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

If you want a letter drafted let me know I'' ll do it within the hour.

• Confused 1

Personally I doubt this is from Lee's department, so wait for Lee to get in touch.

When is your minimum term up?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi lee

WRT135 - CAG [#10264094]‏ was the number given

I tried to contact someone earlier VIA email, But all they gave me was details about my account i have now with you, This account is fine & up to date its my old account back from 2008 I have the query with

Many thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Having checked our emails I can confirm that I've got yours and so please be assured that I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Just a quick update, Spoke to someone in customer services, He was very abrupt and blank , despite me still being with Vodafone and the simple fact is i missed one payment which was paid the very next month of a whole £30 pounds not £300 as i thought, The default will infact remain on my credit file, destroying all hope of a morgage for at least another 3 years, Whats more i was never passed to a collection agency or issued a default notice, Apprently They don't have to issue one.

According to the Vodafone customer service, its automatic and they can NOT remove a default , On leaving the conversation all he said was * well i got a morgage with a default*

Nice ! Lets just say i will not be renewing my contract at the end of the month.

In regard to this recent contact I will ensure that the dissatisaction you've expressed is addressed.

Whilst we have no obligation to issue a default notice letter we do send them in appropriate circumstances.

I appreciate that you feel inclined to take matters further but if you could give me some time to investigate matters further I'd be grateful.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK