Airline gone bust

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I booked holiday for my family to celebrate christmas with my inlaws but airline has gone bankrupt and my bank wont do charge back because i paid with my debit card. The airline told me to go to my bank for a charge back but the bank can only do charge back if i had used credit card.

What can i do to get my money back?

yes......it is a visa debit card.

In that case the bank are talking rubbish. Chargebacks are just as possible on Debit cards as they are Credit cards. The phone operators just usually don't know this. Insist on going higher up the chain until you get to someone who knows what they're talking about.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

• 1 month later...

Hi

This link on Airline Holiday Failure Your Rights may be of use: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-1678335/Your-flight-rights-airline-going-bust.html

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group