LV motor insurance sending a field investigator to interview me

desigaand
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LV motor insurance have arranged for a field investigator to call at my house,i had a small accident few months ago.

i was told by the insuance that they need a statement.

but now im told the investigator wants to have a 2 hour interview with me.

are they just wanting a statement of what happened ?

thats a 10 miniute job.

i suspect the investigators job is to find some loophole to not pay out.

can i refuse to allow the interview investigation?

i claimed for a windscreen only.

the third party pedestrian is claiming for injury.

its annoying because insurance company only told me they need g4s person to come and take a statement of what happened.

now they want a 2 hour interview.

what are your views on this

Pedestrian may have approached ambulance chaser who are now wanting 100's of thousands to settle. I wouldn't be too worried about this as they are now looking at it in depth to avoid paying high costs to pedestrian. Maybe the suspect the pedestrian is trying to [problem] them. They allow a 2 hour slot but may only be on the premises for an hour.

can you provide more details regarding the accident?

ie. who was at fault, how it occurred, third party damage, did you mount the pavement or did they walk in the road, was there police involvement and if so what was their conclusion.

It is a 2 hours slot, but it won't take 2 hours. More like 30 minutes. They will run through the accident, by asking set questions. If it is a cognitive interview, they may ask you loads of questions which you don't think are relevant to the accident. They will be interested in your use of the vehicle, what the purpose of your journey was, what route did you take, is that your normal route, what was the weather like, what were the road conditions like, then set questions on the accident. They won't let you just ramble through your story of the accident.

Be careful about your usage of the car to make sure this is exactly what you disclosed. If you have SD&P only and you have used it for commuting to work, then they may ask whether you commute to more than one place of business. If you have not declared the correct usage, they should not use this as a reason to avoid the claim, but you may have to pay a backdated increase in premium.

If you are happy that you declared the correct informaton when arranging the policy, you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by unclebulgaria67

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is something I have to do regularly.

If the investigator does his job properly, then 2 hours is about right.

You may think it is only a 10 minute job, but (again providing he is doing his job properly) you will be surprised as to how much detail he will go into.

When I take a statement for a serious injury or a fatal it can take up to 9 hours, not always, but if it is complicated, then time flies by.

What is important to remember is that if you do not know the answer to a question, then don't try and guess or make an answer up as it could come back to bite you up the backside.

It is better to be honest and say you don't know, than to be cross examined at a later date and your honesty or credibility is then brought into question.

As said, if you have provided factual and accurate information, then you have nothing to worry about

i dont mind giving in depth details of accident.but i have a feeling hes going to be looking for in depth information to invalidate my insurance so they dont have to pay out.

They cant invalidate the third party liability element.

The cost of a windscreen to them is next to nothing.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

If you had no MOT, the only loop hole for using the car on the road is to take it to an MOT. How long was the MOT out for? I know they can be buggers about things like this, but as for the vehicles safety, who knows. I'm not 100% sure about insurance cancellation, it is after all an administritive error on your behalf.

he has requested to see my mot .and at time of accident i did not have mot it had run out.

are they likely to invalidate my insurance?

Unless there is a specific clause in the small print of your policy under the T & C's, as already mentioned the insurers will have to honour the third party liability at the very least.

The only real affect no MOT can have on your part of the claim is if your vehicle is deemed a total loss, which usually means that the value of your vehicle will be substantially reduced.

To invalidate your insurance, the investigator on behalf of the insurers would have to prove that the condition of the vehicle was so bad that it contributed to the cause of the crash, and it was this poor state of repair which was the reason for no current MOT being in force.

Most insurance investigators are not vehicle examiners, and are not authorised to carry out vehicle examinations in respect of causation, only the damage element, so you should have no fears in respect of your policy being regarded as invalid.

Re MOT's / Road worthiness, this thread will help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?363394-car-prang-**-WON-**

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

he came along and before long it became obvious that they send him with intention of finding a loophole to invalidate insurance.

wasted 2 hours of my time and put me through so much stress.

i will not be renewing my insurance with liverpool victoria again.