• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Experto/Varde now Arrow/Shoos Claimform - old MBNA card debt

roygoodbeat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes. I have pushed Experto and my last letter stated that I would not reply to anything they sent until they had complied fully with my subject access request including a full deed of assignment and confirmation of when the account was purchased. I have never had anything from Varde and I have told them a number of occasions.

Have re subject accessed requested MBNA but they have not complied either and are about two months over the 40 day period. Experto are over 6 months over the 40 day period.

Must inform ICO,write to EXperto and MBNA inform them the ICO have been informed of their avoidance of compliance, give them 14 days to comply,should they be unable to do this,you will consider the account closed,

should shake them up

FS

Be prepared for a long wait for some kind of reaction from ICO. I put in a complaint about info being held back and 3 months later I got a phone call from ICO asking if I still wanted to pursue the complaint to which I answered "Yes". Another 4 months later I received a letter from ICO with their decision. They did not uphold my complaint because of the wording in my original SAR which was taken from a standard SAR template letter on CAG. 7 months wasted. Good luck - you'll need it.

DPM

• 5 months later...

Hi all

just had a letter from Experto advising me that the only way we can sort this is in court.I have a DN asking for the full amount dated 7th sept and on my SAR request it says account sold to experto not varde on the 18th sept. I then have a letter from experto dated 23rd sept saying that MBNA had sold to varde.In the latest letter it says I quote you are aware that the default notice does not prevent the sale of a debt and we have nothing on file to suggest you took any realistic steps to agree payment terms with mbna or experto to discharge your indebtedness either before the expiry of the remedy period contained within mbnas original notice.It also says I will be issued with an updated notice of default in order to give me time to readdress the matter.Any ideas asto what I should do?

I am not understanding how MBNA/Experto/Varde are getting away with no replies to their obvious lies.

Like a number of you I have the DN from MBNA after 13 days sold to Experto according to MBNA,however Experto state the debt has been bought by Varde,so we have MBNA telling porkies then Experto telling porkies,and Experto claim they represent Varde,I refuse to pay anybody until they sought out their outright lies

No response from any of them

FS

DCA are 3rd party interlopers, (google it) they have no first hand information in your affairs and can only proceed against you if you contract with them, ie; you enter into an agreement with them. They have no authority in your affairs unless you grant it. You had a contract with MBNA, the fact they sold it means that their books are now zero'd so the there is no debt. All credit is created out of thin air, figures typed on a screen, you want evidence of the full accounting from the DCA, they can't provide it because there is no money.

1. Provide validation of the debt, that is, the actual accounting.

2. Verification of their claim against you, that is, a signed Invoice.

3. A copy of the Contract binding both parties (you and them), and send that letter by recorded delivery so that there is an independent witness to it having been delivered."

Every letter you write should be marked clearly "Without Prejudice" which means that you reserve all your lawful rights and accept no contract unless it is shown to be lawful by meeting the four conditions essential to a lawful, binding contract, namely:

1. Full Disclosure (you were not told that you were actually creating the credit with your signature) Your signature creates money, very valuable.
  2. Equal Consideration (they brought nothing of value to the table and so have nothing to lose) banks put up nothing, they are set to lose nothing. Google 'Money as debt'
  3. Lawful Terms and Conditions (yours were actually based on fraud), and
  4. The signatures of both parties (corporations can't sign because they have no Right or Mind to contract since they are soul-less legal fictions, and no third party can sign a contract on their behalf)

I think you will find a debt can be sold and all titles etc pass to the purchaser who does not have to provide a new agreed contract with you,you are still governed by the original agreement.

This thread is concerned about the extremely bad practice(lies) MBNA,Experto and Varde are using and their continued lack of honest replies,or lack of any replies

FS

Just opened the post today and Experto have issued another default notice, for the full amount and giving just 14 days to act. Surely this is another one of their tactics as MBNA already issued one that was incorrect, which I have accepted that they have issued a wrong default notice and their unlawful rescission of contract?

Hi Locks,

Sorry to hear you have been issued with a claim, there are a lot of us on here that are sitting it out awaiting Experto/Varde's next move.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to start a thread for yours and you will get lots of help and it will also assist others who may come up against this.

If you start a thread, put a link on here for us to pick up an follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Looking for an update in case and advice on what to do next. Been following this site for a while and have posted things on here before.

To cut a long story short, I had a MBNA card which I fell inarrears with. This was originally with Bank of Scotland. Fell on hard timeslike most people here.

1) Served a Subject access request on them on the27th April 2009. They failed to send info within the requiredtimescale and I put the account into dispute. They did in the end send some ofthe info but not all, including a copy of the deed of assignment. I have had acopy of their computer logs which states that they had overlooked it. Didreport them and the ICO found in my favour.

2) Asked them to provide a copy of the creditagreement. They did send me a photo copy of the application form and statedthat this was the agreement, however, on a number of occasions they have statedthat due to retrieval issues, they are unable to provide a copy of the originalcredit agreement. The application form does not contain all the prescribedterms and it would appear to be unenforceable through the courts.

3) They charged off the account on 30thSeptember 2009 and issued a default notice for the full amount on the 7thOctober, not the arrears.

I wrote to them since to accept the invalid default notice and accepted that I would only be liable for the arrears, less anyinterest charged since the account went into dispute. I have asked a number of times for them to confirm the arrears outstanding but MBNA have ignored this.

At the time I was never in a position to repay the full amount. (Nor am I now) Was advised by a debt charity that the notice was invalid and they could notenforce it for the full amount, only the arrears.

4) A big issue I have is that I have complained toMBNA about the telephone calls I keep getting from them or their debtcollection agencies.

I originally asked for my phone number to be removed in2008 but they have never actioned this. I have cited they I wish for my numberto be removed but they have ignored it.

I have noticed on their call log that Ihave stated that I want to communicate in writing only. What’s more alarming, thereare records that they have contacted my old work number on a number ofoccasions.

5) The alleged debt is about £2300 but the arrears atthe time of the default was about £430. They have charged me £60 in charges andabout £200 in interest since the account went into dispute.

Now after several months I am now again being called almostdaily by Westons. I have advised that the number they call I use mainly forwork, but they keep ignoring. Calling as early as 9am and as late as 20.45.

I would like to make a final offer but I have not acknowledgedany debt or anything for about 10 months now. Should I continue to ignore untilall the issues have been resolved or make an offer

Hi

Looking for an update in case and advice on what to do next.

To cut a long story short, I had a MBNA card which I fell inarrears with. This was originally with Beneficial Bank. Fell on hard times likemost people here.

1) Served a Subject access request on them on the27th April 2009. They failed to send info within the requiredtimescale and I put the account into dispute. They did in the end send some ofthe info but not all, including a copy of the deed of assignment.

2) Asked them to provide a copy of the creditagreement. They did send me a photo copy of the application form but only afterthey issued a default notice in October 2009. The application form does not containall the prescribed terms and it would appear to be unenforceable through thecourts. They and the new owners Varde Investments (Experto) claim it is anenforceable credit agreement.

3) They charged off the account on 30thSeptember 2009 and issued a default notice for the full amount on the 7thOctober, not the arrears. Four days later I received a letter from ExpertoCredit stating that they had purchased the debt and I need to them in future.From the log I received from Experto, t states the account was handed over onthe 30th September. I was advised verbally that it was sold to themend September, beginning October.

I wrote to MBNA accepting the invalid defaultnotice and unlawful recession of the agreement. I even advised Experto andaccepted that I would only be liable for the arrears, less any interest chargedsince the account went into dispute.

I have asked a number of times for them toconfirm the arrears outstanding but MBNA and Experto have ignored this. At thetime I was never in a position to repay the full amount. (Nor am I now) Wasadvised by a debt charity that the notice was invalid and they could notenforce it for the full amount, only the arrears.

The issue with this I neverreceived a deed of assignment form MBNA. I have since received one fromExperto, but it’s non-dated, on a single piece of paper and does not look likeany I have seen. Never had anything from Varde.

4) A big issue I have is that I have complained toMBNA and Experto about the telephone calls I keep getting from them or theirdebt collection agencies. I originally asked for my phone number to be removedin 2008 but they have never actioned this. I have cited they I wish for mynumber to be removed but they have ignored it. I have received (Nothing recent)a number of ranting calls from Experto.

5) The alleged debt is about £10000 but the arrearsat the time of the default was about £900. They have charged me £60 in chargesand about £300 in interest since the account went into dispute.

6) Over the last week, I have received a newdefault notice from Experto with current dates, for the full amount. The letteris the same as a standard default but with the added lines, “As you are awareVarde Investments now own the debt”

Wanted to know where I stand. Do I still ignore? I haveapplied again to see my credit record to ensure Experto have not defaulted meagain or changed the dates. I have not acknowledgedany debt or anything for about 10 months now. Should I continue to ignore untilall the issues have been resolved or make an offer?

Erm, MBNA failed to comply with your SAR request and you put them into default ? Why the hell didnt you either make a complaint the Information commissioner or issue a claim against them for non compliance ?

MBNA routinely destroy paperwork after 6 years so you would have lost quite a lot of information.

I am not sure why a new default notice has been issued by the new owners of the account.. especially if as you say, MBNA had already issued one!.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Keep pushing them on the point that the Agreement which you have been sent is non-compliant and the Unlawful Rescission. The history on this is very similar to my own - no Agreement, no DN and no NOA and I disputed the debt on that basis for around two years, and they continued to pester right up to the point that they issued proceedings.

They came up with the Agreement and copies of the other paperwork AFTER papers were served and I issued a CPR request - you are probably OK to keep referring them to the contents of your previous letters of dispute for now, however if, as in my case, this gets passed from Experto to IND they tend to be extremely litigious and don't wait around to argue.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

They were found in default by the CO orginally. Still never recitfied and have lost faith in the CO.

Have checked my credit record and there is no new entry for a new default. I do not understand why they have issed a new default with current dates. I am sure there is no lawful grounds for this.