inc support/ carer allowance and working

mmdunn73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, ive been offered a little job. I recieve income support and carers allowance. I know on inc support they don't take the first £20 into account, but I want to know does this still count as I am getting carers allowance, as I read the rules are different.So do I still have to inform them. Hope someone can help.Thanks

Hi, ive been offered a little job. I recieve income support and carers allowance. I know on inc support they don't take the first £20 into account, but I want to know does t

his still count as I am getting carers allowance, as I read the rules are different.So do I still have to inform them. Hope someone can help.Thanks

Yes..you do have to inform them,,I'm not sure of the criteria re wages/hours..I would recommend you ring DWP .

Lillibelle

I only know what I know cos I know it,I only give advice,I'm not legally trained nor do I pretend to be.

Hi, ive been offered a little job. I recieve income support and carers allowance. I know on inc support they don't take the first £20 into account, but I want to know does this still count as I am getting carers allowance, as I read the rules are different.So do I still have to inform them. Hope someone can help.Thanks

Im on Carers allowance myself and you can only work up to 16 hours a week (part time) and earn up to £100 a week after tax. As long as its £100 a week after tax should be ok if not carers allowance will stop. Not entirely sure about income support as ive always had little wage.

hope that helps a little.

What ever you do is make sure they know you are working no matter what hours no matter what you are paid. email them every week,write to them every month. then you will not be in my position of being in court on wed 17/10/2012 for a fradulent benefit claim. I have a seveley disabled son who i have being caring for for nearly 16 years. I did not realise carer allweance was linked to income just thought it was weekly 35 hours. i cant affords legal help. So just me on my own once again !!!!!!!

What ever you do is make sure they know you are working no matter what hours no matter what you are paid. email them every week,write to them every month. then you will not be in my position of being in court on wed 17/10/2012 for a fradulent benefit claim. I have a seveley disabled son who i have being caring for for nearly 16 years. I did not realise carer allweance was linked to income just thought it was weekly 35 hours. i cant affords legal help. So just me on my own once again !!!!!!!

Hope all goes well.

On that note - you may need to send payslips to carers allowance and income support (do not rely on them to speak to each other) each week or month.