Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Did you send the note giving them the extension of time? When does the extension expire/date for issue of claim? I see that this thread started on 25 October. I have to say that when it started I thought it was going to be a quick fix and hadn't bargained for virgin's ineptitude which has certainly made it a lot more interesting but I'm hoping that March is going to be the month that it will finally all get sorted out. Surely someone responsible within Virgin has got to start taking a look and understanding the extraordinary mess that they have built for themselves and want to sort it out.  
    • Dispute with Vodafone and get copy invoices last invoice 2016 no balance on old number I have invoices upto nov16 showing no balance brought forward just before upgraded.   you say above you have all the bills that state a zero balance up until nov2016 are they in the SAR return too,? and all the ones after nov 2016?   the account number in the poc is this the same number as on those bills you have? and the number on the pages of the comms log you uploaded? as the comms log appears to show payments were being made right through the period you say the bills you have all show £0? then being transferred to other invoice numbers  , do these invoice numbers the payments were transferred too match the invoice numbers show £0 balance you have?          
    • no go back and read my guide earlier CAREFULLY...
    • Oh ok.   I thought I would need to write some sort of defence when I acknowledge the claim on the mcol website.
    • woe SLOWDOWN>   your defence is weeks away. (day 33) no there are no templates as each claim is unique. however, if you use our search top right. for say claimform card you'll see numerous versions people have adapted based upon our std holding/no paperwork defence , one of which, might well be suitable.   get CCA/CPR requests running monday and get AOS done now on mcol, you've already lost 10 of your 19days to do AOS   then get reading up as i detailed above the more you read here the stronger we become   dx      
  • Our picks

    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
        • Like
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.
      I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.
      In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 
      In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.
      In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.
      To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.
      So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.
      Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!
        • Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3058 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi, am hoping I can get some pointers about my situation.



My mother died on 11 July this year, she lived in a 1 bed-roomed flat via Bradford Council (incommunities now) on a secured tenancy. She had been a council tenant since 1993 (although not the same house, but, the same tenancy as she did inter-tenant swaps) she was in her last property for 7 years.


My nephew, her grandson, now 17 (well 18 tomorrow 13 October) has lived with her for several years, my mum pretty much brought him up, although not legally by adoption or anything.


Now on the death of my mother we applied top the housing officer for a succession of the tenancy to my nephew, we were told to provide proof that he was residing for last 12 months.


This has been hard to come buy, as he was under 18 and all the bills were in my mums name.


Anyway, we only notified the council 2 weeks ago as we were grieving, we had an appointment where we were told to go gather evidence and report back. This appointment was 8 days ago.


We have now received a letter yesterday stating the succession application was unsuccessful as we had not provided prove of residency.


The only way we can prove it is by Subject Access Requesting his last school where his school records will show the address of my mothers flat.


We were given 5 working days to get this proof which is not long enough.


In their letter, they have given my nephew 72 hours to vacate the premises.





1) Can they just come straight in an change the locks and throw my nephew out?

2) Should they have given more time for us to prove residency?

3) Can we appeal?

a) Is there any basis in law where we can appeal, or is it just at the discretion of the housing office?


4) Where do we go now?



Please any suggestions at all would be great, we don't want to be emptying the house with little under 48hrs to go.


My nephew will have no where to live, he does not see or associate with his mother or father, and I just do not have room, although I will not see him sleeping rough so will offer him a couch, as I have a family of 5 in a 2 bedroom house myself.



Thanks in advance




Link to post
Share on other sites

was your mother getting the single person discount on council tax?,they would have asked her if anyone else was living there at some time,did she declare that your nephew was staying there? if the councils evidence is that no one but your mother has been declared as living there,also her benefits would have been adjusted for someone else living there,the council will disregard someone showing up,as they see it,and asking for a succession of tenancy

Link to post
Share on other sites

Places that you could request a letter from (not sure why you're going straight to "SAR" when you don't appear to have asked nicely)_





If your nephew is 17 (now 18, happy birthday to him!) then he should have been put on the electoral register (there's a bit to put 16/17 year olds on so that when they turn 18 they're eligible to vote) - that in itself may be proof enough?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Main question at this stage is.


They want the keys and house back tomorrow after less that 7 days notice.


Do we have any legal standing to stay while apealing?


Do they need a court order?


Or will they just turn up tomorrow and be allowed to take possession.


Need help quick if anyone can answer these questions

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...