• Tweets

• They have defended the claim by saying that the job was of unsatisfactory standard and they had to call another carpenter to remedy. My husband has text messages about them losing the keys a second time and also an email. What do they hope to achieve??? Most importantly,  as far as I have seen online, now I need to wait for paperwork from the court, correct?
    • The Notice to Hirer does not comply with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule  4 . This is before I ask if Europarks have sent you a copy of the PCN they sent to Arval along with a copy of the hire agreement et. if they haven't done that either you are totally in the clear and have nothing to worry about and nothing to pay. The PCN they have sent you is supposed to be paid by you according to the Act within 21 days. The chucklebuts have stated 28 days which is the time that motorists have to pay. Such a basic and simple thing . The Act came out in 2012 and still they cannot get it right which is very good news for you. Sadly there is no point in telling them- they won't accept it because they lose their chance to make any money out of you. they are hoping that by writing to you demanding money plus sending in their  unregulated debt collectors and sixth rate solicitors that you might be so frightened as to pay them money so that you can sleep at night. Don't be surprised if some of their letters are done in coloured crayons-that's the sort of  level of people you will be dealing with. Makes great bedding for the rabbits though. Euro tend not to be that litigious but while you can safely ignore the debt collectors just keep an eye out for a possible Letter of Claim. They are pretty rare but musn't be ignored. Let us know so that you can send a suitably snotty letter to them showing that you are not afraid of them and are happy to go to Court as you like winning.  
    • They did reply to my defence stating it would fail and enclosed copies of NOA, DN Term letter and account statements. All copies of T&C's that could be reconstructions and the IP address on there resolves to the town where MBNA offices are, not my location
    • Here are 7 of our top tips to help you connect with young people who have left school or otherwise disengaged.View the full article
    • My defence was standard no paperwork:   1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 2. Paragraph 1 is noted. The Defendant has had a contractual relationship with MBNA Limited in the past. The Defendant does not recognise the reference number provided by the claimant within its particulars and has sought verification from the claimant who is yet to comply with requests for further information. 3. Paragraph 2 is denied. The Defendant maintains that a default notice was never received. The Claimant is put to strict proof to that a default notice was issued by MBNA Limited and received by the Defendant. 4. Paragraph 3 is denied. The Defendant is unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served from either the Claimant or MBNA Limited. 5. On the 02/01/2023 the Defendant requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CCA 1974 Section 78 request. The claimant is yet to respond to this request. On the 19/05/2023 a CPR 31.14 request was sent to Kearns who is yet to respond. To date, 02/06/2023, no documentation has been received. The claimant remains in default of my section 78 request. 6. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of proof of assignment being sent/ agreement/ balance/ breach or termination requested by CPR 31.14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to: (a) show how the Defendant entered into an agreement; and (b) show and evidence the nature of breach and service of a default notice pursuant to Section 87(1) CCA1974 (c) show how the claimant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim; 7. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed. 8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974. 9. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

WW, slimming world, conley etc

EveOwes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

What are your opinions on Weight Watchers, Slimming World, Rosemary Conley and others?

I have tried the first two and only ever seem to lose on the first week or two. I then plateau or go up and down a bit. So I give up.

I have only 30 pound to lose which might seem a lot to some but it's not enough to make me lose big, just the usual pound a week type of loss. I'm an impatient person.

I was slim all my life until I hit mid 40's then I started gaining. Low carb does ok for a while but I'm vegetarian so it's difficult. And I can't cook very well, eg healthy lentil dishes!

I was doing ok on WW a year or so ago but then they changed to their new ProPoints system which gave me too much food and weight loss stopped. Any thoughts?

thanks

Eve

The general medical opinion now is that 'diets' don't work. I think I have tried all of them with varying results. Usually lose a lot in the beginning, but sustaining it is usually impossible unless you want to eat virtually nothing. The problem with dieting is that whilst you may lose weight as soon as you stop the diet, you pile it, and more, back on. I am overweight, not some skinny woman trying to be ultra thin, with various medical problems and I know that losing some more weight would help in the long term with my problems. I am finding that the best plan for me is to eat healthy, smaller portions and try to be more active. This isn't always easy given my medical problems. I am losing between 1-2lbs a week, some weeks more, some less. I don't stress about it. We sometimes forget that it has taken us a while to put the weight on, but we expect to lose it overnight which is unrealistic and puts us under too much pressure. I know it's not easy, but just try to be kind to yourself and go at it more slowly. Good luck.

Honest opinion - they are a rip-off praying on the vulnerability of (mainly) women who have been told my a million television programmes and films that they must be slim.

Oh and while on about it, if anyone is thinking of having their top lip butchered, it looks stupid and disgusting and a real put off. Can Those who have it done honestly think it makes them younger and more attractive, surely they have seen the mess others look.

[Just saying]

Bloody rip off they made a big fuss when my wife lost 6 stone now she has just come out of hospital after an operation and a diagnosis of Crohn's disease.

dpick

Edited by Conniff
correct typo

I agree. I think they are all a rip off. I calculated the calories on the WW old points system and it worked out on average 850 calories a day. Anyone can lose weight on that I reckon (when I say anyone I mean healthy people, not those who might have a medical condition/take meds that affects their weight).

I might try a different approach like maybe smaller meals, lighter foods. I feel really bloated after eating some foods and sluggish, which leads to more eating ultimately and no exercise. I'm only short and don't carry the extra weight well - it looks awful and affects my mobility. 5' and 11 stone!!! Need to lose 2 stone ideally but even a stone would be good.

thanks

Eve

• 3 weeks later...

I am a man and i lost nearly 6 stone, i kept the weight off but i do think they are a rip off because the one thing no dieting organisation will tell you is that for every one pound you lose you have to keep it off for 5 days or you will put it back on, big losses are like a trauma to your body and your body will try anything to get it back like making you feel cold, slowing down your metabolism and other things.

The best thing to do is what doctors have been saying for years eat a well balanced diet and take a bit of exercise too much of either will cause problems its all about getting the balance right.

I have to differ with my opinion,

I had tried ww and scottish slimmers and ither ones i cannot even remember the name of and like most after a few weeks hit a wall and then nothing - starved myself, felt awful and did not enjoy it all.

I started SW 11 weeks ago and I am finding this really easy to follow, not having to count everything I eat. it has shown me how to make the healthier choices with what i normally eat i.e. meats and bread and stuff.

I have lost nearly 2 stone and its been a steady loss each week rather than major drops and my health has already improved due to this.

I think it depends on what you expect to take out of it, for me it has learned me to cook, check the difference ni meats etc and make heathier choices rather than limiting what i eat and giving my self a body shock with no sugar.

And still have alcohol :-)

p.s and the next person to comment when i am eating and saying i thought you were on a diet may end up hurt :madgrin:

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 1 month later...

I have been on WW for the last 2 years and have lost 3 stone, I think it is a good way to lose weight for the long run and not put the weight back on. The only problem is my lack of motivation. Also exercise is really important.

Hope that helps

Lilla x

I am now 2 stone and 2 lbs lighter with slimming world......even for xmas dinner wont be counting much as most of it is free........so not looking to lose over holidays but if stay the same until new year will be happy and then looking to loose each week again x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i lost quite a bit with slimming world first time around i recently returned and lost another 2 stone x but due to financial restraints at the moment i cannot keep up with it.. so have enlisted and app on my phone called nutracheck.. so with nutracheck i find myself eating loads like i would on slimming world but also taking light exercise in ways i'd never thought of before.. my wii has a new meaning and now i sympathise with those who 'zumba' but all in good fun.. i pay a fraction of the cost i would pay at SW which works for me it also allows me to eat white bread if i want to without worrying about 'syns' and so far by applying the cooking techniques i'd learned through SW I'm happy to say a constant weight loss of 1-2lbs has ensued.. and so far so good

good luck to those still on their mission and well done to those who maintain

p.s. i still have my tipple and a choccie bar.. :) no guilt either

Cabot Financial they came they didn't stay and they left rather quickly

Lloyds Tsb - bye bye

Lowell Financial - bye bye

:whoo::whoo::lol::lol:

Cut down on sugar thats my main tip if you want to lose wait, although its not the worlds most famous secret it really works. Due to health reasons I went from 10 stone down to 6. I now can only eat a very limited amount of foods cos of bowel restrictions. One thing I can eat are kids sweets and are riddled with sugar. I eat alot of these to keep my wait up and at a healthy level. Although it is the opposite, if I eredicated these from my diet I would be stick thin again. So just cut down on sugary drinks, cohocolate, sugar in tea coffe, cakes, biscuits and im sure you,d drop wait. Dont eat too late either, and if are are going to have something sugary, have it earlier in the day so you burn it off quickly, like the french do for breakfast!

I personally think that so called "fat clubs" can be a good thing for certain individuals as fighting weight loss with someone else is better than doing it alone as you can set targets which are easier to keep if done together.

My only arguement is that Weight Loss is something that needs a strong willpower and something that you really have to put your heart and sole into it. Losing weight can be tough and sometimes you stray onto fatty foods again and with your body craving such foods then your weight will be easily put back on.

slimming clubs are a waste of money. Just cut out sugar, processed foods and grains. Very simple, and the best thing anyone can do for their health whether fat or thin or anything inbetween.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• 3 weeks later...

Come on, think deep. It's not about having the motivation, it's about not having the discipline and willpower.

To give up smoking, the first thing you need is the real desire to give up not just the 'I'd like to', you really have to want to. It is exactly the same with eating, your really have to want to be slimmer. Find somewhere with size zero girls, that will be motivation enough if you really do want to slim.

Paying some club who are really only there to make money and not for your benefit is a fools game.

I am still going to SW club and have lost just over 2 stone in 12 weeks, Its not just the club I go for its the support from the others in my group we support each other, get ideas to vary your diet and general cheer each other on!

• 4 weeks later...

There's a great Slimming World group on Facebook that's really helpful and supportive and, as it's an unofficial site, you don't have to be a SW member to use it. I've tried many different plans over the years but find Slimming World the best as it's truly a healthy eating plan and no food is banned so you've more chance to retrain your eating habits without feeling as if you're losing out on something.

EveOwes, do you manage to get much physical activity into your week?

I too have tried a few diets and including weightwatchers (old and new) and the new 5:2 diet. I think you have to recognise what works for you. Do you need to limit the volume of what you eat due to a tendency to eat too much? Or is it more about help with eating a better diet and less junk? Different diet plans are better for different needs.

I like the 5:2 because I eat when im not hungry, and this diet teaches me to actually appreciate how much I need to eat. Its hard work though and I find it affects my concentration so not possible on a day when i'm working.

Calorie counting can also work well, although it doesnt necessarily get you eating a balanced diet.

The weightwatchers weekly meeting can be great for motivation which is critical in succeeding with weight loss! It is a rip off though!