style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in disppute with my landlady and the state agent that is holding my deposit. The quibble is over what amount of heating oil should have been left by me.

My landlady says that the tank holds 1350 litres and that she personally filled this up before we moved in [Nov 2008]. On the not very detailed inventory all it states i 'Oil reading = Full'. Neither her nor I have a photograph or any proof at what level the tank was full to when we moved in. She did however give me a receipt that clearly shows that 1100 litres was delivered to the property in July 2008.

My argument is that I should only have to fill it to 1100 litres as this is the only evidence available to confirm an amount of oil that was in the tank when we moved in.

My other argument is that me contract clearly states that i should have been notified within 10 working days of any deductions that were going to be made from my deposit - i did not receive anything in writing or in fact even verbally from her until after the 10 days. Not sure where i stand with this.

Some advice would be appreciated on where i stand. Thank you

Hello and Welcome, Trixie.

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

So the move-in inventory states oil tank registered full, what does move-out inventory state?.

You are liable for the cost for the amount of oil required to register full again. This may be more or less than the pre T LL top-up since there was ~200 L remaining at time of pre T top up. As with hire cars with similar fuel clauses, it is always best for customer to top off imm before return, as hire firm can prob squeeze in extra at price of their normal provider. If LL shows invoice for top up, dated after 10d window, I doubt any Adj will care about delay as LL cannot be expected to know true vol & cost reqd.

The tank showed full at start of T, it should read full at end of T, you may have used up to 1350 L during T, so your 1100L expectation is erroneous.

• Haha 1