• Tweets

• what solicitor is the PAPLOC from? then just search xxxx snotty letter dx  
    • moved to the debt self help forum. plenty of like threads here to read along with the ones you've done so far..good work. last thing you ever want to do is look at any kind of IVO/BK or anything alike concerning consumer debt, never do that, turns unsecured debts into secured ones in many instances. your best bet for now is p'haps looks at  Options for dealing with your debts: Breathing Space (Debt Respite Scheme) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) sadly you have to go thru one of the free debt charities to invoke that but DON'T be tempted to also open up a DMP with them, just get the Breathing Space done. get that in place that gives you at leasy 60 days buffer you've also goto to realise you'll probably get a default once breathing space is in place, bit if not it might pay you to withhold payments even after BS then p'haps re start payments once a DN for each debt is issued and registered. at least that way, whatever happens in 6yrs the debt will drop off dx  
    • Hello, I am a private seller and recently sold a pair of trainers on eBay.  Everything seemed fine until just after the eBay 30 day mbg had expired.  The buyer contacted me with photos showing me that both shoes had ripped.  He wanted his money back, and after refusing to refund him, he then left me retaliatory and defamatory feedback on my profile to the effect that I had sold him fake trainers (this was removed by eBay).  He then initiated a chargeback via Paypal.  Invariably, the outcome was in his favour, and I have now been charged for the cost of the trainers.  I would have also been stung for the chargeback fee, but eBay refunded this.  Incidentally, I do have the email receipt of the trainers from when I bought them from a well-established and bona fide online retailer.  The susbequent conversation with eBay followed its predictable course, i.e. the chargeback is out of their hands etc. I have been in contact with citizens advice, and my bank.  Citizens advice told me that as a private seller I'm responsible for the "Title and description" of the goods, but not the performance, or the fitness for purpose.  To me it is clear; if you receive something that's not as described, you don't then use the goods, and more than 30 days later claim 'not as described'.  In my mind, this makes the claim fraudulent.  He's used the 'they're fake' card to give credence to a 'not as described' claim here, obviously, without any evidence.  My understanding is that the chargeback is unlawful, because the trainers were shipped as described.  However, I read something on an eBay forum regarding sellers having no statutory rights, i.e. no right to appeal against a chargeback decision, or to complain to the financial ombudsman.  Does this mean that if my bank disputes the charge on my behalf, it will be to no avail, even if it's recognisably a fraudulent chargeback?  I have reported it via the Action fraud website. Any advice, anyone?  Would be most grateful!
    • Thank you, I have drafted my letters and started to complete the reply form, printed from this site and not using the one they provided.    2 questions, on the forum link it says to tick box D & I, the reason for box D will be given on my thread, what would my answer be to "I dispute the debt"?  Do I send anything for the Vodafone debt they have included?  I've only done 118 loan s. 77 & capital one credit cards so. 78    Thank you  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

haven holiday in blackpool

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We recently had to return from holiday in blackpool after 3 days because we paid for silver accommodation and got terrible accommodation with no offer of alternate accommodation after complaining. we got dirty, damp and disgusting accommodation and yet other people who complained got moved to better accommodation.

We had our own kids and 2 of my daughters kids with us and everyone got ill and coudnt sleep or settle at night duet to conditions.

We got a free £10 bar tab after complaining but that was useless basically.

Does anyone have any idea's how we go about reclaiming our money and trainfare as well, cause we had to go to trouble of changing our days travelling which meant we lost the seats we had booked and we ended up all over the place on journey home.

In all, our holiday was a shambles and we deserved better.

HELP!!!!

hi

ive recently sent this letter to park resorts dont know if it helps at all and they have basically fobbed me off but any other advice would be helpfull too.

I am writing to ask that you refund the cost of my holiday at Cayton Bay park from 26/08/06 – 02/09/06, the amount being £605.

I would like to tell you about my utter disgust with one of your managers Dean Poppy. We recently visited your resort at Cayton Bay with my daughters and grandchildren and to say we were unhappy would be an understatement. We specifically stayed in one of your ‘Gold’ caravans as the space and shower facilities looked ideal for my Grandson who is disabled. We also have a 6 month old granddaughter and although we asked if there was room for a cot, were not informed that the only place for it to go would be in the main living area. This made it near on impossible for my grandson to get around in his wheelchair. The shower room that was advertised had a ledge that would have made it possible for him to sit down and shower. When we saw what the shower actually looked like we were outraged. Not only was it basic to say the least but it was also filthy along with the toilet. We called the manager immediately and asked him to come to the caravan. His attitude quite frankly was not what I would expect of anyone at any position who needs to be dealing with customers. After I explained the situation my daughter actually came and interrupted the conversation telling the manager that in no way did she expect anybody to talk to her mother the way in which he spoke to me. I have never encountered anybody quite so rude and extremely intimidating. When my daughter told him that her son could not shower with these facilities he replied ‘is there any reason he can’t wash?’. My daughter and her son have come across narrow minded and prejudice people ever since her son was born and this reply even shocked her. When she told him that the advert in the magazine was a misleading representation he told her that park resorts don’t even own them sort of caravans they are pictures of privately owned ones and although most of the gold standard caravans were the same as ours they were not about to put those pictures in their magazine!! We told Dean Poppy that we were prepared to leave straight away once he issued a refund so that we could arrange alternative accommodation. His reply was that a refund could be arranged through head office but it will ‘take a while’. In the meantime until we had a refund we could not get other accommodation and was not prepared to let our grandchildren miss out on the holiday we had promised them. All in all we had no choice but to stay at the resort where coincidently we spoke to many more people who had had rude conversations with Dean Poppy.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline, along with writing to the BH&HPA and the advertising standards authority.

Yours faithfully,

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved

Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640

Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

Sorry to hear your holiday was not very good and I wish you luck in getting refund and compensation as I think it is least you deserve.

I am sorry that I don't have any advice because I am in same situation as yourself and in need of help myself but your situation seems more unbelievable and diabolical considering your holiday was intended for enjoyment for disabled grand children. I wish you all the best.

I am sure their are government bodies and associations that would be interested to hear your story and help you out but also getting publicity like newspapers or M.P.'s involved would help and prevent this happening to another family.

Stick to your guns and fight them all the way and make sure you win.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

i have posted my complaint previously to ask for advice etc but will go thru it quickly....

We paid for silver luxury caravan at cala gran park outside blackpool and got dirty, smelly and very damp caravan....we returned home 4 days early because they wouldnt put us in new caravan or take our complaints seriously.

Anyway, when we got home, I complained and sent photo's and video footage of caravan which was not fit for human habitation...after several threats and being told we wont accept new holiday, they are insisting they are within their rights to offer us a free weeks holiday in bronze accommodation (2 grades lower than we paid for) which means we pay for our own linen etc at any british holiday park and we have to let them know when we intend takin the holiday so they can ensure caravan is clean on our arrival. they also stated it cant be taken during june/july or august or any bank holiday. This is where i am havin problem.

we agreed to accept a holiday arriving 6th april 2007 and are now told we cant have that date either because a bank holiday falls between our arrivin and leaving...how can they do this? if we accept 20th April which they suggest, then we have to take our kids out of school when they are just meant to be returnin after easter break, we also took 2 of my daughters friends with us and i doubt their parents will allow us to take their kids away when they are meant to be in school.what do we do next?

we would prefer a refund which we thought we were entitled to from start but they said no we werent etc, we set a date for a holiday now they changed it?

can we just refuse the holiday now and start claiming it back through the courts? PLEASE HELP?

I'd say that you have a good case under the Trade Descriptions act in that your original holiday was not up to scratch. And it would appear that you have photos to prove this. It would also appear that the company is contravening some Environmental health rules and Health and Safety regs.

It would also seem that the holiday company is admitting some liability by offering you a cheaper holiday but on their terms whereby it is incurring very limited costs to them.

This is unacceptable and I would refuse substandard accomodation on their terms.

As long as you haven't signed anything to accept the 2007 holiday then I'd say you should demand all of your money back for the 2006 holiday plus costs for distress etc. Or alternatively, a holiday of similar standing to the 2006 one at dates that are suitable to you.

If they refuse (which they probably will) then threaten court action - give them 2 weeks to pay what you demand - then file a claim on MCOL for the full amount plus costs plus the court fee.

They will have to listen then - and will probably settle out of court.

If it gets to this and you have to go to court then post on this thread again. On how to file a MCOL claim.

Regards,

M

they sent me credit note for the free week holiday which i photo copied and sent them back saying i justed wanted my money back. they said they are only obligated to offer complimentary holiday as they dont do refunds. Thats when i had to phone customer services and give them dates and also ask for linen to be added...they phoned back next day sayin we cant have them dates....I have not signed anything but i think because we agreed to holiday because they refused refund then we were stuffed for a refund, but that is all we wanted all along. I have kept all correspondence and e-mails from them...yes I have phot's and video footage and mentioned to them that I would report this to environmental health but they just gave some story of a manager tending the site for einspection and ordered thorough clean up of all caravans etc. what can i do now? can we refuse this holiday because we don't really want it but felt forced into accepting it.

i forgot to mention that they said we could have the week we wanted in april but only if we paid £150 to them in advance.Why should we be payin again and I have expressed unhappiness at having to pay for linen as well. we would need 4 linen packs at £10 each and we have to pay £10 deposit which we get back when linen returned.

Its just one problem after another with them then excuses

I would imagine that if you go down the route of accepting a holiday with them having nothing in writing then they can change things around to suit them and this will inevetably lead to you losing out again. Simply because nothing is in writing.

When they say they are "not obliged" to do anything other than offer the worst holiday they can find you and charge you for it however they see fit, you have to ask yourself is this really a "free" holiday? They are simply trying to minimise their costs and take away your rights as a consumer - you have to appreciate that they are bending the law against you.

It would seem from what you say that they are offering substandard holidays AND breaking all sorts of laws in the process.

You have the moral high ground and personally, I would ask for all the monery back from the original holiday or for them to relplace it with an identical one with the dates of your choosing - or take it to court and let them decide.

They may see the error of their ways and oblige especially if you are an isolated case.

Otherwise don't be afraid to threaten and take them to court to get your money back and then use that to book any holiday you wish (even at the same place if you need to) there are people on here that can help with the court claim.

M

someone from customer service phoned to say they will have to send us invoice for the £50 for linen which we would have to pay before 31st december or holiday is cancelled.

my husband and myself have discussed this till we are blue in face and still agree that we would prefer a refund and only agreed to take the free holiday because they forced us into it.

should we just write back and say we have decided not to accept the holiday after all and would wish a refund or go to court for it? we thought that after agreeing to easter 2007 break, they would have the upper hand now and we wouldnt have leg to stand on...we are totally fed up with this and really do not want to go on holiday with haven again. we actually chose a park in edinburgh so we could drive there and it would be easy enough to drive home again if we werent happy, so that wouldnt have been much of a holiday for us anyway..can we just decline their offer now and demand refund? would the courts think we are being petty after accepting a holiday because they refused refund?

after speaking to my husband about court action for this case, he reminded me that when we filed court action to claim charges back from nationwide, we had papers returned so we could serve them on scottish address because scottish courts cannot serve on english territory.

this means if we want to take haven to court, then we don't have an address in scotland to write to so this would mean we have to accept a holiday on their terms.

can anyone help on this matter?

thanx

• 1 month later...

we went to haven holiday in blackpool in october last year and were in cala gran caravan park. The caravan was disgustin and I wont bore you with details but lets just say I have been fightin with them ever since to get refund. I contacted various people and health and safety turned up just when they were closin for winter. They inspected our caravan and after us gettin letter say it was cleaned after we left and it was a one off thing, health and safety found all our problems still in same way as our photo showed and have given them some deadlines etc.

Anyway, my point is that they wont refund us but gave us one week free holiday that we can only take at certain times which basically is when we are workin or schools are not on holiday etc...so to take the holiday at times we wanted which was for mon 2nd april 2007, we would have to pay £180 plus £60 for linen which is no free holiday....and too be honest, we have kept tellin them we just want refund all along and they keep sayin they cant do that...

Can anyone tell us how to get our money back? if we take them to court, we need an address in scotland cause scottish courts cant deal with companies outside scotland?

We need help urgently?

[your address]

[their address]

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

We are very disappointed that you have failed to refund to us the cost of our holiday due to what has been previously discussed. [XXDATEXX].

As you havent offered us a full refund we send this LBA as a final attempt to settle out of court. We trust this clarifies our position and now hope you enter into a sincere dialogue to have this problem resolved. If we have to take legal action we will be claiming for full costs, and compensation.

We had similar issues with Haven in fact I recall an actual small claims case on here.

Haven in submissions for their defence said that no complaints were made whilst actually at the site.The Judge did award compensation but said that they had not given Haven opportunity to right the problems by complaining at the time of the holiday.

May be it would be a good idea to write to Bourne Leisure.....using a Consumer action group sticker on the envelope !!;)

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

does anyone have addresses we could use or phone numbers....thanx.

is there anyway I can get details of the haven claim your speakin about about? would be good if I knew the facts of that case and I may get contact details as well..

not too easy to find but here.

Bourne Leisure Ltd

1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 4YL

01442 230 300

Their turnover is 695m .....and the main director is John Dunsford:)

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

I don't know how to PM yet...

Clearly it's his perogative to edit if he wants, I just don't understand the rationale.

Most other consumer rights websites allow posts of that nature. There is nothing in law which stops the dissemination of information like this. Doesn't Poochie have a right to contact the officers of the company with her grievance? Afterall, Limited company directors are afforded lots of rights and protections under law, look at Farepak. In return, consumers have the right to know who is running them.

Don't want to hijack the thread, is there somewhere else we can talk about this?

If you left-click on someone's name, next to their post on the left hand side, you should get a little menu drop down; you just need to select 'send private message'.

Sometimes mods have to edit first and ask questions later, for fear of libel/defamation, or publishing details not meant for the public. If the info is, as you say, in the public domain then just pm barracad and explain that. He may have realised that for himself next time he logged on - bear with him, because obviously even the mods can't be on here 24/7. Though sometimes it feels like I am ;) Must get anti-CAG prescription...

• Haha 1

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

we went to haven holiday in blackpool in october last year and were in cala gran caravan park. The caravan was disgustin and I wont bore you with details but lets just say I have been fightin with them ever since to get refund.

If you are attempting to get a refund on the total cost of your holiday (after you have taken it), I very much doubt whether you will succeed. If it was as bad as you believe, then a complaint on your arrival day or at the very latest, next - would have put you in good stead for a caravan swap to one not suffering from the same problem. To wait until the holiday was over in the hope of getting a full refund is a common trick used by some, and the firms are wise to it.

Should you go to court, the total cost paid will be weighed against any problem and an amount decided. As the firm has already offered a compnsatory discount for another peiod, they can show good faith in wanting to keep your business at periods, obviously when they have accommodation available - usually off-peak.

Your ultimate sanctions is never to holiday with them again, but your delay in bringing the matter to the attention of site management at the time will be your biggest problem. If you had mdvd out to a hotel, handed backs the keys, then chased them for the cost difference would have put you in a much better position.