• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody here knows what the current official position is on Paycheckcredit?

I know MCO Capital got fined and had their CCL revoked.

I believe they were allowed to continue trading pending an appeal. Does anybody know if they have appealed?

It is already known that Paycheckcredit and Toothfairy Finance are connected.

My real question here is where exactly does Paycheckcredit stand today?

Are they allowed to trade at this moment in time?

Thanks!

MCO appealed against the license being withdrawn and lost, in other words, MCO has no Credit license.

Theoretically they could have sold the trading name Paycheckcredit to another Company like for example CIM... so theoretically its possible that paycheckcredit is still out there legally.

However on their websites paychckcredit as well as the popcredit website they still claim at the bottom that they would be MCO.

In the Terms and Condition which they poublish on the paycheckcredit website they then reveal the truth:

11. We are registered at Companies House as CIM Technologies Limited trading as Paycheck Credit. Our company number is 06144500. Our main business is consumer lending. We are regulated and authorised by the Office of Fair Trading (the "OFT") consumer credit license 615666

So they are now officially using the valid CIM / Toothfairy License and not the invalid MCO License.

MCO appealed against the license being withdrawn and lost, in other words, MCO has no Credit license.

Theoretically they could have sold the trading name Paycheckcredit to another Company like for example CIM... so theoretically its possible that paycheckcredit is still out there legally.

However on their websites paychckcredit as well as the popcredit website they still claim at the bottom that they would be MCO.

In the Terms and Condition which they poublish on the paycheckcredit website they then reveal the truth:

So they are now officially using the valid CIM / Toothfairy License and not the invalid MCO License.

Hi Nao,

Thanks for your reply.

I just looked at Paycheckcredit's terms on their website and it states...

12. We are registered at Companies House as MCO CAPITAL LTD trading as Paycheck Credit. Our company number is 6472855. Our main business is consumer lending. We are regulated and authorised by the Office of Fair Trading (the "OFT") consumer credit license 613263.

Where did you see them state they were CIM Tech?

Surely, if they lost their CCL it would be illegal for them to start trading a few days later under a different CCL?

Thanks again.

Edited by Anonymous_User
Clarification.

http://cd.paycheckcredit.co.uk:50284/Term.aspx

11. We are registered at Companies House as CIM Technologies Limited trading as Paycheck Credit. Our company number is 06144500. Our main business is consumer lending. We are regulated and authorised by the Office of Fair Trading (the "OFT") consumer credit license 615666

Unfortunately they would have to loose all their licenses, not just some.

Nao,

That is very strange. That is not the site I go to when I type http://www.paycheckcredit.co.uk in to my address bar.

The website page looks different and the the terms are different.

Try typing the actual address (http://www.paycheckcredit.co.uk) in to your browser. See what you get.

Thanks again.

no clue what cd stands for.

its just eh website you get when you google paycheckcredit.

But look at the bottom of the pages, both have the identical po box address in Warwick...

It gets even weirder, when you go through google to http://cd.paycheckcredit.co.uk/ oits different site compared to when you go to http://cd.paycheckcredit.co.uk/ by typing it in browser.

Lending Stream Terms....

10.The Promoter is Lending Stream LLC. Contact Address: Lending Stream, Wisteria Camrose House, 2A Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6EG, UK. Registered Address: 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington, DE 19808, USA.| Registered in the State of Delaware,USA | Registration Number: 4124111, Consumer Credit Licence: 0643942.| CCTA membership number: 860 | BCCA membership number: 5288

Registered Director of Wisteria is one Andrew Millet, he is also the Director of various other copanies, including Adaptive Affinity, he appears to be the most honest chap ever to grace the world with his presence:wink:

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2011/12/watchdog-stomps-on-andrew-mill.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mirror%2Finvestigations+%28Mirror+-+Investigations%29

If you want to know what he would look like if he was a duck... wonder no more,

http://www.cyber-duck.co.uk/about/andrew-millet

Thanks Nao,

I am really curious, now. I have used Paycheckcredit several times over the last year when I have been really stuck.

Because I am a repeat customer I only have to send a txt to get another loan.

Last week I tried to borrow £100 for 14 days.

I sent my txt off and got a reply saying "loan approved". Only problem was I usually get a second txt a few seconds later saying "money transferred".

The second txt never came and neither did the money. That is when I started digging about and found their website was down and that they had their license revoked.

So I thought that would be it. End of Paycheck, end of story.

But.... Yesterday I received a txt saying "money transferred". Their website was back up and lo and behold £100 appeared in my bank. Great!

Except I have just looked at the legal documents that automatically get emailed along with every money transfer and the legal documents say that I have signed up to a legal agreement with MCO CAPITAL.

How can this be if they are not allowed to trade????

Edited by Anonymous_User

they have more than one company registration and more than one license, so one gone would not mean none remain.

plus one appeal being shot down doesn't mean they have fully exhausted all appeal possibilities and if there are any left they can continue to trade.

Great, thanks. Also, searching this website I found out for certain that NextCredit is a trading name of Toothfairy.

About time these companies were forced to trade under one name, one license. Would make things much simpler and stop the manipulation that goes on.

Thanks for all your input, Nao.

:peace: