ATOS subcontracting NHS to do PIP assessments for them

fightingback99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the Guardian yesterday, ATOS who've been awarded the PIP assessment contracts are subcontacting South Lanarkshire NHS Occ Therapy to carry out the PIP assessments for them.

Why is our government outsourcing work to a private contractor who then subcontract it back into the public sector, no doubt for a lot less than they've charged.

ATOS are being paid millions to do a job that should realy be done by the NHS (Doctors etc should be beleived), they cream of a few millions and pay the NHS to do it.

So ATOS are getting paid by the taxpayer to do nothing, so that they can then make contributions to the Tory party.

In the award from the public sector to the private sector and back to the private sector there will be many back handers and jobs for the boys (MPs) win win (or for the ta payer lose lose).

would you like to clarify speedy? IAPT is a new one on me...

Improving Access to Psychological Therapies

http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=iapt+dwp&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Sorry for being cryptic I'm either ****ed or fighting IAPT for treatment atm :lol:

Strange coincidences

mental health assessment;

IAPT 20 minute phone call always results in you MH issue being lessened (I have SAR proving this twice)

ATOS - ESA 20 minutes see above

:lol:

The main worry with this is if the NHS passes you as fit, will they stop your consultations, ops and medication?

No it's with the wait currently 6 months for assessment. Yes that assessment if you warrant treatment!

It's at least a year wait after that here before treatment might commence. That's if Government policy hasn't changes so that your treatment is not in fashion then it's go back to step one.

I live in London So.. Plus been admitted by the IAPT person who took charge of my case .... It was my SAR that's got me access to treatment! FFS

Oh yeah all NHS mental health treatment got a 25% cut in 2011

Hey Ho :whoo:

I think I gave the wrong impresion or put my answer int he wrong place. I am on DLA, I also need heart opeations every couple of years and quite a lot of drugs to keep me alive.

If the NHS do the PIP assessments and pass me as fit, I am worried if they'll then say as there is nothing wrong with me I can't be in need of all these heart ops and drugs, and they'll stop them along with my DLA/PIP.

Isn't that two different things though? My dad will be on medication for life; (although, he is being talked out of coming off it - this will result in on driving licence for 12 months) but doesn't qualify for DLA as his epilepsy is completely controlled by drugs.

I believe that because whoever does the "medicals" will have to follow descriptors....like for ESA there are some for PIP and therefore that is all they will look at and ask about. They are not asked to diagnose or treat only apply medical knowledge and examination to determine where you fit in the "scores".

It is meant to determine if you need help to maintain some independence, alledgedly.

This is just completely silly.

This amounts to a backhand payment to ATOS, so they not even going to do the work and getting paid for the NHS's work.

Totally agree. How much more of our dwindling public funds is going to be flushed down the pan in useless private contracts which charge the earth and fail to dleiver leaving chaos in their wake. When they rehash the NHS soon, wonder how much of this will happen.

This is only happening in Scotland.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?368508-Some-good-news-for-Scotland

By the looks of things, it's down to the daily record newspaper publishing whats been going on with Atos.

"THE NHS boss taking over the assessment of claims for a new disability benefit from scandal-hit Atos promises patients will be treated with “dignity and respect”.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health/nhs-chief-in-dignity-and-respect-vow-1373842