distance selling regs, quick question

frezi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Say a company has a returns period of 30 days and will collect an item at their own expense. However they charge a 25% restocking fee.

If something is returned after the first seven working days, but within the 30 days, are they allowed to charge the restocking fee?

Thanks

The 30 day return period goes beyond your statutory rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. This means that the retailer can charge you a restocking fee, providing it was mentioned in their terms and conditions at the time of the sale.

Had you notified them of your intention to return it within the 7 working days, they could have only charged the postal charges for returning the product (at cost) and again only if the terms and conditions at the time of the sale mentioned you would be responsible for the return carriage costs.

When did you receive the item? And was it personalised or purchased via an auction?

I received it about three weeks ago. It wasn't anything personalised, but it would cost me a lot more to return it myself than lose 25% so I will just have to put it down to experience!

Thanks