esa tribunal november 5th - ** WON, PLACED IN WRAG **

gengisxxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys my hubby has had the dreaded tribunal date of november the 5th ! he isvery worried about this and is making himself more and more ill by the day . we are going by ourselves and have put a letter in from the doctor saying she reccomends he doesnt work due to various illnesses is there anything else we can do i read somewhere about a letter deatiling where we disagree with the atos medical points xx we scored nil any help would be appreciated xcarole

i read somewhere about a letter deatiling where we disagree with the atos medical points xx we scored nil any help would be appreciated xcarole

Yes. There is a sticky on here which tells you how to word it. So, you don't just write "I disagree". You need explain to why - what happens if your husband attempts the task? In order for him to actually do the task, he must be able to repeat it without pain, discomfort, etc. So, if he can mobilise 50 meters once a week with no pain, it's reasonable to say he can't do it - because he can't repeat it.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Here's a link to the sticky, it's on the page that has all the thread titles for the benefits forum, towards the top in the yellow section.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information%287-Viewing%29-nbsp

To add to what Nystagmite has said, you need to go through the Atos report, is it an ESA85? with a fine tooth comb and highlight all the things they said about your OH that you think are wrong. Then you slot the information into the template letter/submission document.

The sticky also tells you about my own tribunal, which I went to with my OH. Bookworm also wrote about her own experience.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I hope all goes well with the tribunal.

I had my first one in April this year, after getting the lovely zilch points. I went to tribunal armed only with a doctors letter and an honest approach, I also represented myself as didn't get much help from local C.A.B.

The tribunal was tough but very fair. They had read all my appeal notes before I went in, so was only asked questions relevant to the descriptors I had felt I fitted into.

The tribunal lasted an hour and I was posted the results. I won the appeal and was placed in the support group. I just simply went in and told the truth. I hoped that would be enough, and thankfully, along with a solitary doctors letter, it was.

All the very best.

:gengisxxx:

There are indeed success stories. Quite a few of them on CAG.

And as a welcome pressie for Mark Hoban;

Latest stats from the Tribunals Service show a 42% sucess rate (up from 39%-40% throughout last year) for employment and support allowance appellants.

Margaret.

• 3 weeks later...