Sickness query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all..

This is my first post on here and i'm after some advice please

I have been off work sick for a few days, and every day that I've been off, i have phoned my manager to keep keep her

informed/updated with whats going on, yet she still called my mobile?

Today i got a doctor appointment and was given a sick note to cover the few days, and when i got back from the doctor she had called my house phone to speak to me, And then she questioned what went on at the doctors and asked what they had said, I told her i have been given a sick note and i will post it first thing..

(sorry for going on and on..) my main question here..

Even after i have contacted her every single day that i have been off and kept her informed, Is she still allowed to call me??

I'm almost sure this isn't allowed but really wanted to double check

Thank you in advance

Hi there

It is allowed for so long as you do not protest! The manager would no doubt say that she is interested in your wellbeing (as well as the interests of the smooth running of the business). They would be allowed (or expect you) to maintain contact and provide updates on the likely period of absence), but the sick note (or fit note) would now have provided this information so it would be unreasonable to contact you until that expires.

Unless you make it clear that the contact is not welcome and may be affecting your recovery, then the manager is not actually doing anything wrong.

Hope you get well soon!

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Thank you for replying, that's brilliant,

I was going to talk to her about it when i went back to work as i was almost sure she wasn't allowed to keep contacting me..

But what you have said actually does make sense and is understandable

thank you also for your well wishes

:)

No problem - let us know how you get on if you need to take this further.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

With regards to whether they are allowed to contact you, its as Sidewinder says.

Practically, unless they are saying they're not happy about you being off sick or trying to influence you to return earlier than you should, I think its a good thing that the manager contacts you, it may well be that they're concerned for your wellbeing, I think its good management.

It may also be they are checking you are not down the pub at the cinema or working a second job....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks everyone.. she is generally a good manager, and it could be that she is thinking of my well being.. it just come across that she was checking up on me by trying contact with both phones..

I think il just see how it goes

thank you again :)