Charge for car insurance but not the policy holder

sploits
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Trying to help a friend out and who better to ask than the fellow CAGgers :)

Last year my mate paid for his 'then' girlfriends car insurance on his credit card. Within the last year they have broke up and went seperate ways.

Today my mate cleared some money off his credit card balance and when he asked for his current balance he was surprised to find the balance had shot up instead of going down. He then found out that his now EX girlfriends car insurance had been taken off the card again. He phoned the insurance company and asked to cancel the payment. They said they could not do it as he isnt the policy holder. The ex girlfriend wont cooperate (a years worth of free insurance so why would she) so he feels like he is stuck and has lost nearly £800!

Can he get his card company to do a chargeback? The payment was taken out on 22nd September

Any help would be great,

Sploits

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Looks like to policy is on automatic renewal and only the policyholder can change that.

Its easy to stop it going next year. Loose your card (cut it up) and report it lost/stolen. It will be replaced with a new number which the insurer doesn't have.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

He should be able to get his money back if he contacts the credit card company and tells them there has been a fraudulent transaction on his card. Lots of people get their money back in these circumstances.

I wouldn't tell them anything about it being his ex-gf, just that there's an £800 charge on his card he didn't make.

Hi needhelp,

I will get him to ring the insurance company today and tell them it was a fraudulent transaction. He didnt authorise it so to be fair it kind of is.

I will see what response I get back and if needed will be back with another query :)

Dw190, I will also tell him to ask for a new card so the problem doesnt happen again.

Thank you both for your help

Hi needhelp,

I will get him to ring the insurance company today and tell them it was a fraudulent transaction. He didnt authorise it so to be fair it kind of is.

I will see what response I get back and if needed will be back with another query :)

He needs to report the fraudulent transaction to the credit card company, not the insurance company.

He needs to report the fraudulent transaction to the credit card company, not the insurance company.

Sorry thats what I meant (a late night and an early get up makes me right the wrong things haha).

Thanks again :)