Flat falling down, landlord not doing repairs!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EH are involved again. They seem to be just taking my landlords word and believing everything he says. I went into mine of the neighbours attick and took photos of the roof, the entire thing needs replacing. The day before taking the pics he told EH that it had just been fixed. Should have seen the look on her face when I showed her the dated pictures! I said like "why is it nessesary for me to climb up into an attick to take photos to be believed?" She just looked at me blanky. Really not impressed with them at all.

I had a plug on the wall explode two weeks ago (third time) and the ceiling in my hallway has collapsed because of the roof leak.

I've been to see a solicitor and he's advised I file for 50% of my rent back over the entire tenancy which is a tidy sum given I've been here almost 6 years.

I'm leaving then filling.

• 3 weeks later...

I've take some legal advise from a solicitor. the solicitor says from my photos around 90% of the property was I disrepair ad I should therefore initiate court proceedings claiming back 50% of my rent for the entire tenancy , which comes to a nice sum.

let us know what happens :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The solicitor reckons I've got a good chance doing it myself because of the volume of evidence I've got. I've been taking photos for six years (before and afters), videos of leaks, emails, EH reports, mp/councilor involvement etc

• 1 month later...

Student loan doesn't fall into the normal definition of income. Student loan is a loan which has to be repaid. Just like a bank loan for a mortgage, while a large some of money doesn't count as income.

Earnings, JSA and so on, form income which is yours to keep.

Notes say student loan (capital) is 'exempt income'. Since you are still a student you will prob not made any repayments so the total amount of student loan received to date should not be included in the required figure neither claimed for remission of fee. Result effectively the same.

Income is bank interest, share dividends received, salary, JSA and prob other social benefits received, rent from property, Trust & salary income, etc. I guess the form is only interested in 'income', not 'net worth ' so you could be future heir to millions £ and still be eligible to pay amount based on income, not net worth, a concept generally applied to fines'

• 4 weeks later...