style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My partner has recently claimed for PPI for a loan she took out in 2002 with Lloyds.

The loan was complicated, and her father was asked to take the loan out in his name on my partners behalf (with her paying the loan repayments into his bank account every month). T

hey were also sold PPI on the loan in my partners name (her policy).

We thought this was a little odd as the loan being in her fathers name,

surely the PPI taken out in her name would not cover the loan.

However she was told that without taking out this PPI, she would not be allowed the loan.

My partner had a meeting with Lloyds where she showed the details of the loan, and discussed making a claim.

The woman at the bank was very helpful, and stated that it was completely wrong that the PPI was sold in this manner,

and that the person who had initially agreed the loan would be in serious trouble regarding the setting up of this policy.

Fast forward approx 3 months,

and Lloyds have finally replied to the claim,

refusing to pay the money back as it is more than 6 years after the loan started.

She finished paying (via her fathers loan) in 2008, and we feel that this date is more relevant than when the loan began.

In addition to this refusal,

they have also included the original agreement.

However this is a mish mash of her agreement, and also the details including bank account of a completely different person with the same surname from Preston

(we are from Leeds). They seem to have merged the two to suit their arguement.

As a side to these issues, the letter stating the facts of the refusal refers to a member of staff who agreed the original loan/PPI.

The name of the member of staff is completely different to the member of staff that actually agreed the loan.

Hi

Have you got copies of the original documentation i.e. the agreement? (or indeed anything else?)

The six year fob off is rubbish by the way.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I had gathered reading around the subject that the 6 years is nonsense. We have been supplied with a photocopy of the apparent original documents, however these were stapled together with details included regarding someone completely different (a man from preston regarding business/mortgage cover).

Also, my partner knows the name of the woman who arranged the loan etc, and this does not appear on the docs, and a name she has never heard of is the staff signature. (we live in a small town, and any time we go in the bank, we know the staff by name).

You should challenge them on their findings.

Fos would not agree that the six year time limit is applicable.

Ask them on what basis they are claiming the six year business and get them to put their reasoning in writing.

Tell them that you require their written explanation as part of your complaint package to fos , not only for the PI claim itself but also their attempt to fob you off.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS