• Tweets

• Default Amount £9237.88, all this started in 2006 Admitted debt £9075.65 Weightmans added £1515.01 immediately they became involved, no explanation The Statement shows when Marlin bought debt in May 2011 £10439.25 Their statements, not received until the SAR, are based on this. Cabot deducted £1515.01on their statements in January 2019, again did not find this out until SAR. Weightmans added in  2007 after the CH1 etc was confirmed by the court £741.50, made up of Process server fees, Court Fee (they tried for bankruptcy), Solicitors fee and Land Registry fee. Unspecfied Legal costs were added by Marlin in March 2015, again I did not know this until statements received with SAR I had been paying monthly, without exception until December 2018. I am minded to take the property charge, CH1 amount ,deduct all my payments and the subsequent fees, and request/demand a refund on the final payment made? I consistently disputed Weightmans balances, but they never responded. I also told Mortimer Clarke/Cabot that I disputed their amounts.  
    • Just follow this link and have read of some threads so your familiar with the process https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5178739
    • Sorry,  I'm not familiar with terminology.  Direction questionnaire is what I've seen online as next step. Witness statement: I haven't gone that far, that's why I put the question marks.
    • 2. Is correct disregard 1. You must attend ad per the order 
    • Confirmed with Central Contact Centre that the hearing is 24th, disappointed I can't speak directly with the local county court I have to email the local court apparently is the only way. The agent couldn't explain the discrepancy between the two letters, she sounded very confused. If they were identical letters in wording but only dates were different I would feel ok, slightly worried the wording differs...
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Some advice needed regarding Santander/Credit Style Loan

sarhoff76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Am very new to this,

although i have read a few things and took advice to try and sort out our Debt problems.

I have managed to sort out repayment plans with most of our creditors.

The only one we are having problems with is Santander,

who will only agree to a 6 month period for us to catch up on our arrears in the Loan my Husband took out in 2009,

we have £3712 left on this loan.

We have had problems since July 2011 when my job was made into a job share due to cuts at work therefore i became part time and my salary went down.

We fell behind with our debts after a while.

As i said we have sorted our other debts out, but santander are saying they will only accept £408 per month for 6 months to pay arrears

and keep up to date with further installments (£240).

Because we couldn't keep to this they then passed the account to Credit Style Limited.

I have tried to deal with Credit Style and given them all the information

they then came back with the exact same off Santander had because they are working on behalf of them and are governed by what Santander say.

If i cannot agree and commit to paying £408 then Credit Style will pass the account back to Santander, and the lady i dealt with said they will do one of the following:

If you are a home owner it could be a County Court Matter as Santander will look to secure the £3712.50 balance you still owe on the agreement against your property. I

f you are employed it could be Court again to apply for an attachment of earnings or as you state, they may sell your balance to a 3rd party as they do adopt this procedure too.

I am afraid I cannot guarantee which approach they will take as they have a department that deals with cases like yours

but I can advise they will give you the chance to pay monthly / weekly and suspend all action unless you default with payment.

My question is does anyone know what they are likely to do?

We do not own our own home, my husband works but we don't have enough money coming in for them to receive the amount they want through an attachment of earnings order,

and if it gets sold on are the other companies more likely to agree to a more suitable agreement plan?

Am getting really worried as we are slightly behind with Council Tax and Gas/Electric at the moment and i need to pay these debts first.

They are the only company that just wont budge on their timescale.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Sorry if i've gone on for too long,

its my first time doing this.

Sarah

firstly, there would need to be a county court judgment against you before any of what they say could happen (apart from selling on). and as you say that you don't own property? so there can be no charging order.

as cred style are only acting on behalf of creditor, they can't advise on anything that the cred 'will' do. tis up to the creditor. seems like creditor is being unreasonable. have a look at the Lending Code, OFT guidelines, bcobs, etc

if you want to check out the paperwork, could do a cca request.

is there any missold ppi? if so, get claiming on that.

as you say, priority debts first.

welcome to cag btw :)

Edited by Ford

Hi

Thank you for your reply, he cancelled the PPI not long after he took the loan out as i told him it wasn't worth paying for. Have read the Lending Code and Santander do seem to be unreasonable and un-moving in the negotiations. I can't understand why. I have done a I&E and their payment per month would be £141. Do i send them my I&E and just pay the 141 per month into their bank account for the time being even though they are asking for £408? At least i would be paying something, which i assume would go in my favour if they start legal proceedings, it just scares me to death when they start talking about taking my husband to court etc, as he really cant deal very well with stuff like this so its left to me to try and sort out.

Sarah

You can only pay them what you can afford.

So yes, pay them on that basis. If £141 is too difficult for you then pay them less. No Judge is going to order you to pay ore than you can afford.

Have you looked at the charges that may be on the account?

141/month seems quite alot re 3.7k?, can you afford that? as said, only do what you can afford, not what they want.

there is also the oft guides, irresponsible lending guide, csa guide, bcobs etc

if it was only the first dca, then they might send it out again to another dca. so, prob no legal action to worry about. there is no property! plus you're paying 140/mth, will be paid off in 2 and a bit years!

you asked if it was sold would new owner accept less full and final? probably, as they don't buy for the 'full' amount.

presume this has been defaulted? so, just pay in what you can afford. whilst also doing a cca request? consider full and final if poss?

Edited by Ford

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you for all your advice, its much appreciated. I am going to send Santander a letter offering them 141 per month and hopefully they will accept that although i doubt it very much as they have been very unhelpful up to now. Fingers crossed though as i really don't want my husband to go through legal action as i don't think he will be able to handle it. Again many thanks for all your advice and sorry i didn't thank you all sooner, i have been ill and only just logged back in.

• 3 months later...

I also have had problems with Santander since they took our my Alliance-Leicester accounts. The first problem was my current account went overdrawn by £5. I immediately paid £25 into my account but they still continued to add charges until the account was £401 overdrawn. I contacted CAB and with there help the charges were cancelled. I then wrote to Santander closing my current account, which I had not used for 6 six months whilst the charges were sorted out. The account balance at that time was £0.00. Three months later I moved house and saw no necessity to advise Santander of this as I no longer had a bank account with them. Several months later I met with the new tenants of our property who advised me I had a visit from a debt collector, I contacted Santander who sent me a statement of account, via Westmore's showing an overdraft of £580. There was no movement on the account except overdraft charges on a zero balance. I wrote to Westmores explaining the situation and advising that any more harrassment and I would be contacting the Ombudsman. This was 2 years ago and have heard nothing else. My second problem with them was over a personal loan that I had with Santander for £4200. When I lost my job due to an accident at work I was unable to make the payments. They agreed to freeze the interest and accept a payment of £1 per month which I have been paying now for three years. I have now received a statement yet again at my previous address showing that interest is still be added to the account! I now owe £5120 and at the current payment of £1 per month will continue to ac-cur interest.

sellessal, have you a thread on this? maybe best start one up. you really need to try and ensure that any interest is stopped. have a look at the lending code etc which says that they should consider interest concessions where there are difficulties (obvious if only paying 1£). there is also bcobs, and also consider a time order if applicable.

Thanks for the advice, Ford. I don't have a thread on this but will certainly start one, just need to work out how to do that without having the same post on the forum twice. I will definitely get back in touch with CAB who initially arranged the agreement with Santander three years ago.

Thanks for the advice, Ford. I don't have a thread on this but will certainly start one, just need to work out how to do that without having the same post on the forum twice. .....

no worries there, just click 'post new thread' in the approp sub forum.

I have a thread about them as well, we all seem to have the same problem, they just won't listen or deal with the problems.

income and expenditure is all they want. I too was ill, and am now back to work, but willl they listen no.

Watching a couple of threads, as they seem to be so unhelpful...

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

'they' should accept a common financial statement such as that from the cab for eg. ie not their ones that want your bedroom sizes, house size, ppty owner, no. of creditors, no. of tenants, no. of cars, total household income, ccj's, dick size, etc. you know what i mean :). and even then, could say, have completed cab form for eg which says i have x amount available per month to pay you, and that's what i'll pay. and, stop interest as required by the lending code, bcobs, etc.