Veolia [ ex three valleys water] put DCA onto me, paying monthly - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi gagers

I received a letter today from inter-credit international ltd [ never heard of them]

It states that it is on behalf of my water company at my old address [ i`m still with the same company]. It claims i owe the best part of £500 & that they have instructed there solicitors to commence legal action within 7 days & there is a case number quoted by the date & their reference number. I have no knowledge of this debt & how can anyone start proceedings this quickly.

I cant scan up the letter but if it helps i could copy it word for word, this is the first Ive heard of this & we moved well over two years ago with no hassle or unpaid debts for any utilities.

Any thoughts ?

Middxx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that a short letter stating that you have had a relationship with this company for x years and also the fact that you are still a customer of this company and your payments are up to date and can they please explain why and how this has occured ? I would also send a copy of the letter to the Chief Executive of the water company (by recorded delivery)

Thanks for the information, now could i be cheeky & ask for an address:D

Middxx

Hang on CEO has changed

Frédéric was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Veolia Water UK, Ireland and Northern Europe in December 2007.

Veolia Water

Tamblin Way

Hatfield

Hertfordshire

AL10 9EZ

https://central.veoliawater.co.uk/

Frédéric Devos, Chief Executive Officer, Veolia Water UK, Ireland and Northern Europe

4669,FDV-photo-74x105.jpg

Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to deal with inter credit, on re-reading the letter they state that they will commence legal action within 7 days of the letter being posted. It was posted on the 29 march [ second class] & arrived on thursday the 31st, what with the bank holidays they will be filing before i have had a chance to look into this matter.

Many thanks

Middxx

Hi

Can anyone advise me on how to deal with inter credit, on re-reading the letter they state that they will commence legal action within 7 days of the letter being posted. It was posted on the 29 march [ second class] & arrived on thursday the 31st, what with the bank holidays they will be filing before i have had a chance to look into this matter.

Many thanks

Middxx

They will be filing nothing, its all hot air to intimidate you in to paying up or contacting them

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

OK so now what do i do?.

Got another letter today informing me.

Notice of court action

We are now in the process of drawing up court papers with our solicitors P. W. Moody LL.M.

It goes on to explain the added court costs & solicitor fees & failure to comply will result in a judgement against me.

Our initial method of enforcement will be a warrant of execution & then bailiffs will attend my property to seize goods to the value off plus there removal costs.

I have not wriiten to anyone concerning this matter but i have no idea any debt owing as i`m still with the same water company, they have never provided me with any bill or statement pertaing to this matter, just demanding money & making threats.

Any ideas or advice is always welcome

Middxx

Edited by snowy101
xx

As i have said before 'could' result in a court judgement, they have to WIN first.

There will be no bailiffs, warrants of execution or anything else until such time as they have been to court and WON their case. Even then you would have to have broken the payment terms of the judgement before any of their threats become a reality.

If you seriously don't owe them anything, then let them waste their time taking it to court, where they will lose if they cannot prove the debt, then you can sting them for YOUR costs.

It is more than likely more hot air, there is no panic unless you receive actual N1 papers from the court.

As i have said before 'could' result in a court judgement, they have to WIN first.

There will be no bailiffs, warrants of execution or anything else until such time as they have been to court and WON their case. Even then you would have to have broken the payment terms of the judgement before any of their threats become a reality.

If you seriously don't owe them anything, then let them waste their time taking it to court, where they will lose if they cannot prove the debt, then you can sting them for YOUR costs.

It is more than likely more hot air, there is no panic unless you receive actual N1 papers from the court.

Hi Alf

Thanks for the great advice, is there any way i can find out what exactly is going on as i`m really in the dark over this, i obviously don't want to spend a tenner & SAR these losers but i want to know what makes them think i owe this money & where the information is coming from.

Have you been in contact with inter?

Have you sent them a prove it letter?

If not, get this in the post to them

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

you could also contact

P.W Moody LLM(Lond)

25 Station Road, New Barnet, Barnet, Hertfordshire EN5 1PH

Telephone: 020 8440 1443

and ask if they have any knowledge of a claim being prepared.

Edited by alfwithhair

Have you been in contact with inter?

Have you sent them a prove it letter?

Neither i`m afraid, so now i should get my backside into gear.

Is there a prove it letter in the template section?.

No problem, keep us up to date with any further developments.

Also contact Veolia Water and ask them if there is any outstanding balance on your last address.

This is the strange thing, when i moved i told them where i was moving to & that i would still be a customer & could they just transfer the bill to my new address.

They explained that it was not possible & i would have to set up a new DD etc etc, everything was very pleasant & amicable, no mention of monies owing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just wanted to know what action i can take now, posted " prove it " letter on the 19 th of April & i have still not had a reply [ but post has not arrived this morning].

Can i put the account in dispute or is there another course i can take, trying to be pro-active & put this one to bed.

Many thanks

Middxx

If you have had no further demands from them since sending the prove it letter, leave it at that for now.

If you do receive further demands, then we can esculate the necessary action. You have made your point clear to them and they have failed (up to now anyway) to substanciate their claim.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,

If this is in the wrong section , apologies please move.

I have had a long battle with my Water company ,

when i say battle i mean i am fed up of company's telling me when i have to pay them & by what means.

Every water company sends out a yearly bill, so i pay it yearly .

I leave it to the very last day to pay & they send me scary letters & threaten me with court action

but i never intend not to pay just paying at the end of the year for a yearly bill.

The lady i spoke to today said " you can`t pay at the end of the year" i asked " why not" " well , because that`s why".

Now my question is .......... can you pay a yearly bill in the last few day`s of the year?.

I have not gone into the following year & i see no reason legal or otherwise for this not to be my choice.

I no longer have DD`s or SO`s as i keep my money these days & pay when it suits me not the company's.