Equidebt Limited chasing old debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Today I received a letter from Equidebt asking me to call them so I did. It seems I am outstanding a debt from October 2001 to Dickens and Jones (House of Fraser) which I never repaid in full.

The current balance is £236 which I imagine has gathered numerous charges etc but I would like to here from anyone who can give me advice on this. Should I arrange a payment plan with them? I definately cannot afford to pay this in full. Can they send in balliffs to recover?

I'm starting to worry so would appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, seriously, what training do they do in order to be a debt collector?? This is so inept and speaks volumes of how corrupt & rotten to the core this industry has now become! What utter fools....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi,

Today I rang Equidebt back and I told them this debt would be statute barred, I told them it is not showing on my Credit file so why are they chasing me for payment? They said they will continue to chase until it is cleared regardless, they said they will continue to send letters and phone me etc. Can anyone give me any suggestions where to go from here? Or do I just sit back and let the letters/phone calls not bother me?

Thanks for all your help! :)

Received another letter today from another DCA named Ruthbridge regarding an outstanding debt from the same period owed to G E Capital. I'll treat this the same as the one above. Anyone know of any reason why this may have happened? Both so close together?

Received another letter today from another DCA named Ruthbridge regarding an outstanding debt from the same period owed to G E Capital.

Toothless ruthbridge, bunch of clowns.

Check your credit file, see if this appears on their.

Don't entertain any letter tennis with these fools, ignore them, check your credit file, if GE cr@pital wanted their money then they would have asked for it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!