• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Pinnacle/First National, GE Money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Took out £3455 loan for timeshare in 1991 which included add on of £359 for payment protection, which only ran for 5 years.

Understand that company changed to GE Money October 2005 and collected payments on this account, which we finally cleared in July2007.

As we never claimed on the PPI and we were not informed of alternative cover at point of sale I wrote to GE Money claiming back the PPI who have now responded with a flat refusal and teling us to contact the sales people direct.

They also say they have no connection with GE Capital Bank who were fined for mis-selling, and also state that they were not under the jurisdiction of the FSA at the time of sale.

They say that if I have any complaints that I should contact the sellers and ultimately the Finance and Leasing Association as the agreement was prior to January 2005.

Surely if GE Money were still collecting payments on the account and the PPI accounted for approx. 10% of the payments then they have an obligation to us to deal with the stuation???

Don\'t let the B**tards grind you down

Took out £3455 loan for timeshare in 1991 which included add on of £359 for payment protection, which only ran for 5 years.

Understand that company changed to GE Money October 2005 and collected payments on this account, which we finally cleared in July2007.

As we never claimed on the PPI and we were not informed of alternative cover at point of sale I wrote to GE Money claiming back the PPI who have now responded with a flat refusal and teling us to contact the sales people direct.

They also say they have no connection with GE Capital Bank who were fined for mis-selling, and also state that they were not under the jurisdiction of the FSA at the time of sale.

They say that if I have any complaints that I should contact the sellers and ultimately the Finance and Leasing Association as the agreement was prior to January 2005.

Surely if GE Money were still collecting payments on the account and the PPI accounted for approx. 10% of the payments then they have an obligation to us to deal with the stuation???

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Who was the original lender and are they still in business??? You go after the one who sold you the ppi.

Now as regarding ge money, they have obviously bought the account or may have been in the background all along, you need to do some homework on them and what part they play:rolleyes:

If they bought the account they have taken on the responsibilies of the original creditor, but ge money are not known for being helpful:mad:

Personally I would be sending them a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and a request under section 77/78 for a copy of the original credit agreement. If the account closed in 2007 they must by law still have it. So it would be interesting to see what they come up with.

I am having a bit of a ding dong with ge at present, regarding buying up accounts and not having the credit agreement, which is not good business practice to say the least.

Full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for ppi cost £10

for the credit agreement you need letter N cost £1

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

If you do send these, send everything recorded delivery, and check on the royal mail website when the got them and start counting the days, there are statutory timescales for both.

If you need further assistance shout

Edited by hellhasnofury

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Cheers HHNF, already have copy of agreement, company that sold timeshare cleared out of Tenerife and are now based in Cyprus.

The only way I can see me claiming is that not advised of alternate PPI schemes, also my wife was named first on account as I was not in full time employment and had been retired on ill health.

The agreement looks pretty water tight to me.

Cheers HHNF, already have copy of agreement, company that sold timeshare cleared out of Tenerife and are now based in Cyprus.

The only way I can see me claiming is that not advised of alternate PPI schemes, also my wife was named first on account as I was not in full time employment and had been retired on ill health.

The agreement looks pretty water tight to me.

Hello ajs,

Who was the original loan company???????

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

First National were taken over on 4th October 2005.

I do not need a SAR as I have been given all the paperwork by GE Money and have been advised by them to pursue Paradise Club directly as they sold the policy, even though First national collected contributions.

Hello ajs,

The payment protection would probably have only run for 5 years but you can be pretty sure the interest on it would run for the life of the loan. If GE were collecting that insurance after taking over First National then I believe you should chase GE for the refund. You will have a fight on your hands but it is worth a shot.

this is the FSA register. It allows you to search for company information held on the register it may be of use. I believe if you chase a company in Cyprus you are going to get nowhere.

FSA Register

in the firm name type the name and hit submit.

I did First National and it points to GE. If they have taken over First National then IMO GE should be dealing with your claim even though it was years ago the fact they took payments from you I would suggest means they have responsibility to deal with any complaint about mis-selling.

Hope this helps a bit:)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello ajs,

The payment protection would probably have only run for 5 years but you can be pretty sure the interest on it would run for the life of the loan. If GE were collecting that insurance after taking over First National then I believe you should chase GE for the refund. You will have a fight on your hands but it is worth a shot.

this is the FSA register. It allows you to search for company information held on the register it may be of use. I believe if you chase a company in Cyprus you are going to get nowhere.

FSA Register

in the firm name type the name and hit submit.

I did First National and it points to GE. If they have taken over First National then IMO GE should be dealing with your claim even though it was years ago the fact they took payments from you I would suggest means they have responsibility to deal with any complaint about mis-selling.

Hope this helps a bit:)

aa

aa, that's a good point you make about the collection of interest and worth checking out. I think it would give GE some form of liability, but they will most certainly put up a fight!!

I've given this a lot of thought today, and came to the conclusion that it will be worth giving it a go in chasing GE ... I had even thought of contacting a Financial Adviser friend to 'pick his brains' on the liability aspect. :)

Hello painty and ajs,

aa, that's a good point you make about the collection of interest and worth checking out. I think it would give GE some form of liability, but they will most certainly put up a fight!!

I've given this a lot of thought today, and came to the conclusion that it will be worth giving it a go in chasing GE ... I had even thought of contacting a Financial Adviser friend to 'pick his brains' on the liability aspect. :-)

two agree it is worth pursuing GE and give them a fight.:) If they have some of your money even if it is only interest on the PPI then it is worth a shout to reclaim. Not just the interest but the PPI as well IMO:)

If you need more assistance just post and I am sure help will be forthcoming from the forum.;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

aa, point of financial law here (thinking/pondering) ... if GE are collecting the interest payments on the debt, then I wonder whether they're totally liable for the whole debt and therefore, any potential mis-selling. They must surely realise that in puchasing a debt that they accept any liability or complaint circa the original sale.

Hmmmm? :rolleyes:

Hey painty,

aa, point of financial law here (thinking/pondering) ... if GE are collecting the interest payments on the debt, then I wonder whether they're totally liable for the whole debt and therefore, any potential mis-selling. They must surely realise that in puchasing a debt that they accept any liability or complaint circa the original sale.

Not fully certain on this point:confused: (Legal advice sought at this point) But I would suggest that if there is a transfer of business then everything is transferred as in my case where Direct Line Financial Services was transferred to RBS and RBS Staff were not aware of it or hiding the fact.

Eventually RBS started dealing with all my claims:eek:

Now all with the FOS:-D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks for advice AA and Paintball,

Policy ran for 5 years though cost was "lumped on at start" and interest was paid from that date till it was paid off early in July 2007, premiums being about 10% of the loan.

Basically they say that their internal complaints procedure have been exhausted and I should contact the Finance and Leasing Association as the agreement was before 2005 and not under jurisdiction of Financial Ombudsman..

Hello ajs,

A couple of points which may carry some weight with your argument.

Basically they say that their internal complaints procedure have been exhausted and I should contact the Finance and Leasing Association as the agreement was before 2005 and not under jurisdiction of Financial Ombudsman..

Yes original may have been before 14 Jan 2005 when the FSA took charge as the regulator of financial institutions. But.....

So GE took over First National after the FSA took control so IMO they are required to be compliant with the FSA rules as they took on First National when the FSA rules were in place.

Just a thought. I am sure painty will probably have some idea on this.

aa

• Haha 1

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello ajs,

A couple of points which may carry some weight with your argument.

Yes original may have been before 14 Jan 2005 when the FSA took charge as the regulator of financial institutions. But.....

So GE took over First National after the FSA took control so IMO they are required to be compliant with the FSA rules as they took on First National when the FSA rules were in place.

Just a thought. I am sure painty will probably have some idea on this.

aa

Ha! Got 'em ...

hello lilal,

can you please point me to a link or where this information came from.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

just to add to the above post.

Friday, 10th October, 2008

Managing your account

The First National brand is part of GE Money, which was launched in the UK on 4th October 2005.GE Money has been designed to offer you a greater choice of financial services products than ever before.

from this link...........

http://www.firstnat.co.uk/customer/home/index.htm

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 2 months later...

Well tried again with the points raised, and they have come back saying PPI was a problem that had to be raised with the vendor (Paradise Group) They say they have exhausted their procedures and if I want to proceed I have to go through the Finance & Leasing Association, due to the historical nature of my complaint it would not fall under the FSA.

Hello ajs,

question have you tried contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service about this problem?

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from