Barclays - credit solutions - power2contact

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi please could someone give me some advice on power 2 contact / credit solutions i suspect they are the same company.

Last year got into financial hardship i work part time my partners self empoloyed buisness doesnt make much money and i have 2 young kids to support, i bascially owe barclays £460 from a overdraft i got in touch with barclays and filled 2 income expenditure forms in for them and offerd them 10 pound per month repayment to be reviewed every six months and if i could pay more i would they didnt reply so now its been passed to credit soloutions who sent me a letter from power 2 contact saying they were coming to my house to recover full amount i was furious as it was so agressive this is the 1st letter ive had of them and that day i had a family bearvement so i sent them a angry email saying i know my rights i dont want anyone at my door and if they come i shall call police they have wrote back saying they offer a door step collection service as a option to our customers in guidelines to office of fair trading they would give me adequate notice of the visit they go on to say they want the full balance immidiatly where its not possible a short payment plan can be arranged however this is simlpy to allow the customer time to gather the full balance. they want financial statements of me detailing all income and outgoings they want to know what benefits i get and they want supporting documentation from benefit agencies they also want copies of wage slips i have to forward all of that straight away.

Is that right do i have to send them details of my tax credits etc i dont even know where half my paperwork is! and there is a childcare element on my tax creds which doesnt go into my pocket it goes to pay childcare fees but they could say my income is more with that.

Any advice on a reply to them??

thanks so much x

Ignore Powerless2contact, they are redundant imbeciles.

Deal direct with the bank.

Have a look at BCOBS and exhaust the banks complaints procedure, as it is an overdraft there will be fees and charges you can reclaim, and as it is a simple OD £1 a month is all you need pay.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi, A couple of simple points these doorstep collectors have no authority what so ever, they cannot demand money in that way.

You are under no obligation to supply any income & expenditure data.

I suggest the following to p2c addressed to their compliance manager.

ref: as on their letter.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your recent correspondence regarding the debt for £xxx.xx and your demands for my personal financial information as you are fully aware I am not obliged to supply this unless ordered to do so by a court and I will not acceed to your demand.

I have made a reasonable offer that does not cause financial hardship to my family the offer stands at £10.00 per calendar month this is my final offer and there is no more money availabe to pay more.

I would remind you of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2011 and the section on pressurising debtors to pay more that they can reasonably afford.

I give formal notice that this matter will be dealt with in writting by Royal Mail (proof of posting is not accepted as proof of delivery), also under no circumstances will any agent, employee, or representative of any company associated to your company be permitted to visit my home.

My offer is as stated £10 .00 pcm and is the only offer I will make if you continue to press for a higher sum I WILL report the matter to the OFT and make a complaint of harassment.

send recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: