giordafrancis

Car insurance cancellation??!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2566 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I've bought my car insurance policy yesterday 07/10 ,Yes insurance £293. I've noticed i forgot to mention that my car had 3 windscreen replacments over the last 5 years. After i've notice this ,I've run a dummy quote including my 3 windscreen claims at Yes website, they have quote me at £600!!! The policy will kick in next wednesday 10/10. I haven't called Yes explaing my error with the quote Should i: A-Call yes ,assume my mistake and ask them to re-quote me.... and pay the £600.... B-Cancell my policy with Yes... today is the first day of the 14 day coolling off period (can i do this???) C-Not call yes....and hope for the best Really would appreciate some insight on this. Help?!! gF

You have to disclose this information to any insurers as in the event of a claim, if this then comes to light your insurance could be invalid. Also it is a criminal offence not to disclose this information.

Call and amend your details with them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

thanks freakyleaky. The real question is: when I amend my details and if I'm not satisfied with the new quote am I still entitled to my cancell my policy??I'm still in the 14 cooling off period. The insurance policy starts next wednesday 10. Thanks in advance gF

As you say you are still in cooli off period so yes you can cancell even if new quote is too high for you.

Windscreen replacement shouldn't bump it up much.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Thanks again freakyleaky, I will. Fingers crossed. Let's hope the premium doesn't inflate. regards, gF