csa payment reduce?

littlesmiss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all im new to this so bear with me.

I have 2 children who live with thier dad. I dont have any access to them....the reasons are another story.

What i wanted to know is i live with my partner who has his daughter every 4 days and her mum has her 4 days etc.

I know that if i was to have a child with my partner then my payments would reduce but is this the case with me living with mypartner and being partly responsible with his daughter?

Thanks for amy help you can give

• 1 month later...

it only effects the payments if you or your partner recieve child benefit for a child... or if another government body IE housing benefit has noted the need to support the child via a "relevant element" being added to your claim (hope thats clear?)...

when my daughter was born csa wouldnt take her into account until i recieve CB (her mom is not "UK citizen") so only i could claim, despite having the birth cert etc and both me and her mother living together it wouldnt change until 6 weeks after birth when CB was in place (********s eh)

Yes, If you live under the same roof

and you contribute, towards her living needs

(which you would as a couple)

This would reduce you payment, as the youngster, even only 4 days a week, is a dependant.

Ring the CSA, give them the details, and they will calculate, an adjustment.

who ever receives the child benefit receives the csa payments, as you will be paying csa for your children aswel if you work, or a fiver a week if your on benefits,

money you make maybe taken into consideration, do you pay csa, or does the csa not bother to chase you, an interesting post, thank you

take care xx