style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took a loan out with these horrible people over 18 months ago of £250.00

Since then I just kept rolling over until I could not even afford the rollover fee. I paid them a total £1215.00 in roll over fees. Cancelled my card. They rang me and said I could either pay the balance of £250 straight away or £67.50 over the next 6 months. Told them this was not possible and put the phone down.

Despite telling these people to stop harassing me they continue to call me with different numbers every day. Sometimes 8 times day.

I am wondering why they have not sent it to a DCA yet.

I have read on threads that if they take me to court they could only claim the original loan plus 1 months interest but would the fact that I have paid them over £1200 mean anything in court or would a judge say "roll over fees dont apply".

HH

Wait. Did they want 67.50 total, or 67.50 every month?

If its the former, then youve been cash cowed and they panicked because they realised you twigged onto their little scheme. They then offered a discount, which means they know that they would have zero chance at enforcing the debt in any court.

Did you sent the telephone harassment letter to them? If you did and they are still contacting you, get an urgent complaint into the OFT and OFCOM.

A few months ago, a debtor actually took a creditor to court and had his debt completely wiped due to the extreme contact by the creditor, even after multiple instructions by him and his solicitor for any and all contact to be done in writing. The debt was a fair amount too, plus he was paid compensation.

What you can do is send them the instruction by email AND letter. Send the letter recorded delivery. Also keep a diary of every single date and time they call. That way you have concrete proof of their communication. Send this to the OFT and OFCOM. If it continues, i would be inclined to issue them a lba and tell them that unless they stop contact immediately and/or pay a sum of money to compensate you for the harassment and stress, then you will have no alternative but to take them to court. Be advised though, if you choose to do this, you must be prepared to follow it up to a resolution.

As a side note, i would NEVER advise people to take a "rollover", or "extension" option. These facilities exist purely to make the PDL free money. It's no different than paying a loan shark or anyone else a sum just to keep them off your back for a few weeks.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

SO they are trying to say you owe £405? I would be inclined to tell them to play in the fast lane of a motorway. It's pretty obvious now, that you have been seriously cashcowed, they've seen that youve caught onto their little scheme and are now trying for anything else they can get from you.

Send them a letter referenceing all payments you have made, including the total, and ask them to prove that you owe the remaining amount.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Luckily I have kept all the bank statements showing the payments in case for future reference. They still claim I owe the original loan plus interest. They caught me unawares on the phone one day.

Them "is this ....."

Me "yes"

This is the money shop you owe us £405 can you pay that today".

No security questions, no nothing. Told them I would report them to relevant authorities as they had breached the Data Protection Act and then put the phone down.

So my letter would say

Original loan - £250.00

Payments to date - £1215.00

Balance remaining £405.00

I assume they would say well it is revolving credit and you agreed to the rollovers.

Hang on just a sec.

Luckily I have kept all the bank statements showing the payments in case for future reference. They still claim I owe the original loan plus interest. They caught me unawares on the phone one day.

Them "is this ....."

Me "yes"

Is that verbatim? Are you 100% sure they never asked you any kind of security questions? If so, then i would be inclined to consider a complaint to their data controller and ICO as they just broke the Data Protection Act.

Time to issue them a prove it letter and tell them to put up or shut up.

The call came from a mobile number which I have kept.

Yes that is verbatum.

No security questions just asked is that ..................

Me Yes

This is the moneyshop you owe us £407 can you pay that today (I think that was the figure I was shocked that they had proceeded to this without asking any further security questions). It could have been anyone just answering my phone for me.

No security questions whatsoever.

I did send them a text saying that they had just breached the Data Protection Act and that I would be complaining.

4 calls this morning before 9.30 a.m. They are using different mobile numbers all the time.

HH

Ok. You must get those complaints in, especially to OFCOM.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, still ringing 6 times day but wait for it, they left a message on my home answering machine.

"this is the Moneyshop your account is still outstanding please contact us". Obviously not everyone in the household knows about my finances but they do now.

Is this also a breach.

I have already made a complaint to Ofcom about them.

you need a paper trail

never ring

always use written mediums.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...