• Tweets

• Thanks all for all your input. I have decided to follow this all the way. So far, I have not replied to Alliance Parking's original NTK letter. The time-period for the reduced amount has now finished, and the time to appeal (21 days from the date of letter) will finish on 25th Apr. No further comms received from Alliance Parking. Could you please guide me, for my readiness, on what happens next? Am I going to start receiving letters from Alliance Parking > Debt Collector letters > Letter of Claim? Who sends me the Letter of Claim - Alliance Parking / Debt Collectors / Solicitors / court? How many weeks / months from now is this likely to be? Once Alliance Parking passes the debt off to the Debt Collectors, is there a risk of anyone turning up at the door? Do I need to reply to any other letters from either the parking company, debt collectors, or solicitors? Many thanks in advance.
    • I've just noticed this so wanted to my apologies for my response to this yesterday I didn't realise his name was worry, I thought you meant worry as in be concerned not referring to his name.   My apologies.
    • We've already encouraged worry to use their own words... HB
    • Whoops 😅 Vanquis - September 2015 Jacamo - January 2016 Very - December 2013
    • Pretty good first draft   Only question I have is did you use a template from this forum to write it?   Parts of It just seems very familiar, and I'm concerned if TFL see people just copying and pasting stuff they've seen before it won't be as effective.   If not then I'd say its good but allow others to give their feedback.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Bank rejects PPI claim, details sent to FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new on here, hope you can help :-D

Some weeks ago I posted my PPI reclaim documents to my bank (NatWest) and a few days later I received a text message from RBS saying,

"Thank you for letting us know about your concerns regarding your PPI policy. We will acknowledge receiept in writing within the next 5 working days."

This was about 5 weeks ago, since then I've heard nothing. Not received any written acknowledgement, email or any other texts. Is this normal?

What should I do now? It seems from the text I received that they have got my documents but since then nothing has been actioned. Should I give them more time or should I chase this up? (who do I speak to?)

Hope one of you guys could help me with this.

Thanks for your time.

Ginger.

Hi

Having acknowledged receipt of your claim they have 8 weeks to investigate and give you a final decision.

I'd wait the 8 weeks they are allowed and if nothing has happened then you put the screws on.

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

OK, yes, I'll wait the eight weeks for an answer back from them but do you think that as I haven't received any written confirmation from them that's it's a sign that they are not willing to take my complaint any further?

Thanks again,

Ginger.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It has now been 6 weeks since I received a text from RBS (7 weeks since I actually sent my documentation) to say they have received my claim for PPI. The text said that I would hear again from them within 5 working days with written acknowledgement of the receipt. I have not had any confirmation from the bank since I received that text.

• Why did I receive a text from RBS when it is actually Natwest that I am claiming back PPI from?

• Should I contact the bank to advise that I have not received written confirmation from them?

• As they have 8 weeks to reply, should I just sit-it-out until the 8 weeks are up?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris.

RBS owns natwest.

If they have 8 weeks to reply, then wait for those 8 weeks to be up. Then consider further action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

It's been about 8 weeks since I completed my PPI forms and sent these away (recorded delivery). A few days later I did receive a text to say that my forms had been received and that I would get a written receipt of acknowledgement (I never got any written receipt).

As I have not heard anything from the bank with regards my PPI reclaim enquiry what course of action do I take now? It seems very strange that hey would send me a text to say they had the form but then take no action over it.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris.

Hi ims21

Thanks for your reply.

Just a bit of an update: Today I receive a written acknowledgement of my claim for my PPI but get this, the date on the letter is August 9th!

Sheesh! :-x

I may still send them a letter outlining the fact that their time is just about up!

Cheers again,

Chris.

Hi Chris, they were like this with my SAR request until I reported them to ICO now they have miraculously found all my data including agreements, They have also sent me the same text but they still have a few weeks left. I'd definately follow the advice of sending a reminder letter and if you do report them to FOS send them another letter telling them you have. This is what i did with ICO and they acted upon it before ICO even had chance to contact them. I've found that with these companies if they realise you don't make idle threats they are more likely to take you a little more seriously. Good luck with your claim :-)

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your reply.

I have amended my letter of complaint to include information on the letter of the acknowledgement that I only received yesterday (that is dated 09/08/2012).

As they have a week until their allotted 8 week resolution period is up, I might wait until the end of this week until I send my complaint letter to them and to FOS.

I'll keep you posted...

Thanks for your help again :-D

Chris.

Hi,

Update.

Having only received their written acknowledgement on Saturday of the documents I sent to them 7weeks ago(!) I today received the banks decision.

No. They have decided not to uphold my concerns about the way PPI was sold to me.

They sent me a whole load of photocopied documents from the time I took out the policy (what I signed and ticked for at the time) along with a dossier containing - my concerns, their investigation, the mortgage offer, specific complaint points, their decision and what I can do next.

Essentially, what they are saying is that I made an informed decision to proceed with the insurance on the remortgage and I knew what I was signing for.

Ah well, looks like 'I'm bang to rights' eh? Don't think it would be worth taking to the FOS as it looks like the evidence is heavily stacked against me.

Anyways, good luck to everyone else, thanks for all your help with my case.

Regards,

Chris.

Hi ims21,

I was strongly advised to go for the protection and I really thought that it was something that came with the remortgage. It was sold to me like it was a condition of the loan.

In reality, I know it's my word against theirs and that's why it seems pointless to fight for something that I have no chance of getting.

Cheers,

Chris.

Well if it were me I wouldn't give up at the first hurdle.

You have nothing to lose by passing it to fos and maybe give them some more reasons why you felt your were mis-sold.

In the PPI stickies there is a thread called "some notes for claimants"....have a read and see if any other mis-selling reasons apply to you.

Hi,

My claim for PPI was recently rejected by the bank and so I have since sent all of the documentation to the FOS for them to investigate. How long would it usually take for the FOS to investigate my claim? are we talking another eight weeks? (or longer)

Have banks now changed their tactics with regards PPI claims? I have heard rumour that the banks are making it more difficult for customers to re-claim PPI or take their cases further (FOS).

When I received my rejection letter from the bank, it also came with a whole load of documentation (photocopied documents from when I originally took out the loan displaying where and what I had signed for). Also in there was a very detailed description of why they think I am in the wrong and why the bank is right not to pay back PPI.

I found all this information a bit overwhelming and (in my mind) It gave me the impression that I was getting a 'slap on the wrist' for even considering asking for my PPI back.

Even though I am still under the impression that I am in the wrong (thanks to the banks response) a friend encouraged me to pass the details onto the FOS.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Chris.

The bank will use whatever words they can find to put you off. They know they are in the wrong, but their business is to put people like you off to save themselves money.

Sadly, it looks like they are winning as you look like you are giving up.

If PPI has been misssold then it is indeed your money they are talking about.

How would you feel if someone at the cashpoint whipped in front of you and pulled your cash out of the slot? Would you be listening to "weasel words" then?

No. And neither should you be listening to "weasel words" now. It is your money. Go and get it back.

The bank will use whatever words they can find to put you off. They know they are in the wrong, but their business is to put people like you off to save themselves money.

Sadly, it looks like they are winning as you look like you are giving up.

If PPI has been misssold then it is indeed your money they are talking about.

How would you feel if someone at the cashpoint whipped in front of you and pulled your cash out of the slot? Would you be listening to "weasel words" then?

No. And neither should you be listening to "weasel words" now. It is your money. Go and get it back.

Yes agreed.

Which bank?

What were your reasons for the mis-sale?

Have you challenged the bank yourself?

Fos may take an age so could be worth you keeping at the bank yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

4 threads merged on same claim

please keep to one thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...