Universal Jobmatch

flumps1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Flumps,

I've just read the Q&A's (printed them). How does this tie in with the grapevine news of a jobseekers actively looking/monitered for 35 hours per week ?

Q8. Does everyone have to register to search for jobs?

No, but if not, jobseeker’s will not be able to access to all the facilities listed in question 7.

Do you think they DWP will force people to join even though it does say you do not have to register (mandation in fear of sanction)

I already have my CV uploaded on all the major job boards, with some limited success, which makes me wonder how this can be anymore successful than my efforts already.

Thanks for informing us...

I find the answer shown for Q3 a little interesting:-

The most important thing is to help jobseekers to get the training they need, to be confident in using the Internet, searching the web and know how to open an email account, so that they can receive the full benefits of the service
That, to me, is looking more about preparation for online UC

I wonder how many job-seekers will be mandated to this by the WP? or, if it will become mandatory, as part of the conditions for UC?

I too have my CV uploaded and have applied for jobs across the board, but as I also have a clearly defined alternative skills set which leads to self employment I am being forced to spend valuable time explaining why I have not got a full time job when I am persuing my ideal career using my alterative skills!

Trying to make me go backwards and 'start at the bottom' is not on as I have been a senior level PA type all my working life. Starting again as 'Junior Office Administrator' just to satisfy the DWP is an insult to both myself and the person at the DWP - I would be out of the job within a week.

Q3 "The most important thing is to help jobseekers to get the training they need, to be confident in using the internet, searching the web and know how to open an email account, so that they can receive the full benefits of the service"

Some are suggesting that the introduction of Universal Jobmatch, if it ever comes about, and if adopted, will be used to introduce an Orwellian Jobsearch Regime.... where some "appointed person" may spend their entire time reviewing candidate applications.

With the best will in the world, I don't accept that some Welfare To Work Administrative Clerk, working within A4E, Ingeus et al, may be presumed to possess the competence to manage their way out of an open and transparent paper bag let alone something more demanding.

If done properly (whenever?) it will be a good thing. In Germany and Holland it should work the same way. But I doubt they will implement it in a sane way.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

They can't implement changes properly, they have already proved that with the mishmash of the NHS...

All the A4E does is seem to employ young graduates to tell people how to use the internet, well I have proven IT skills (and just to rub it in am going to do a Level 2 course in IT to add to my CV).

My CV has been assessed NINE times and nobody can find anything to add or take away, nor can they find spelling or grammatical mistakes!

The one thing stopping me getting a job now is AGE - yes, AGE is a protected characteristic for discrimination but tell an employment agency that and you get shown the door.

At 54 I am deemed 'not efficient' without any proven evidence and 'probably not IT literate' which again I can disprove very simply.

They can't implement changes properly, they have already proved that with the mishmash of the NHS...

All the A4E does is seem to employ young graduates to tell people how to use the internet, well I have proven IT skills (and just to rub it in am going to do a Level 2 course in IT to add to my CV).

My CV has been assessed NINE times and nobody can find anything to add or take away, nor can they find spelling or grammatical mistakes!

The one thing stopping me getting a job now is AGE - yes, AGE is a protected characteristic for discrimination but tell an employment agency that and you get shown the door.

At 54 I am deemed 'not efficient' without any proven evidence and 'probably not IT literate' which again I can disprove very simply.

If A4E does, indeed, employ "Young Graduates", did they earn their degree, and if they were really competent, wouldn't they be working in the Wealth Creating Sector, and not within the Welfare To Work Sector? Sadly, the W2W Sector is simply a suppository for candidates who could not make the grade for a Junior Grade Clerk position within Job Centre Plus.

Q9. What information will a jobseeker’s CV hold?

Jobseekers will create a CV that can include, but not be limited to their name, address, telephone number, email address, skills, competencies, qualifications, salary levels sought, location, job preference, hours sought, (per day/week and flexibilities/working pattern).

Nothing to stop jobseekers uploading a redacted CV then, I don't know why the DWP are bothering to launch this web site seeing as the likes of Gumtree beat them to the post years ago.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Nothing to stop jobseekers uploading a redacted CV then,
I suppose it will depend on the rules/conditions they push forward. I have no doubt they will try and side track data protection, and set conditions with penalty of sanctions for not putting out enough information to give possible employers all the information they may need.

I don't know why the DWP are bothering to launch this web site seeing as the likes of Gumtree beat them to the post years ago.
Because DWP/WP will be able to track/log your activities on the new site.

I read somewhere yesterday that the intelligence services are looking closely at the IT system for UC on the basis that it could be open to cyber terrorism and large scale organised fraud, I reckon it's more like looking at how they could use the info to keep tabs on people, you definitely can't trust the spooks!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

been trying to think what to relabel working tax credit, have so far thought of employer wage saving scheme?, as mr osbourne has been saying that WTC is costing too much...it is crazy where you pay Income Tax, with one hand then claim some or all back with the other, think of the savings involved if it wasnt taken at source....though it would then unfortunately give them another excuse to cut jobs that are currently employed administering this madcap scheme....

Basically (IMHO) IDS and Osborne both want the 'non working classes/lower paid working class' to leave this island and set up where they won't have to worry about them 'bringing in undesirable relations/ethics' into the country.... it is a form of elitism... make everybody a university graduate and then force them into employment because of it - something along the lines of the old Victorian philanthropic industrialists (look up Titus Salt amongst others).

We all know what happened to the Industrial Revolution, another revolution called war destroyed the structure it fed on.

That is where we are heading now if the current (and successive) governments are not careful.