Goatan

MBNA/Virgin successful PPI claim

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2476 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I couldn't find my old thread so have started a new one but to be honest there wasn't much on it.

Just received a lovely letter from MBNA denying everything that I have put into my letter (no surprise there)

but they have upheld my complaint and are sending me a cheque.

A quick blow by blow account

I did the normal thing and sent a sar

then i made a claim based on that SAR based on the fact i had been mis-sold due to being unemployed.

They sent a letter back denying that i had been mis-sold due to it being an unadvised sale and that they given me all the required information on a separate screen.

I then sent an e-mail to the CEO of the European card division informing him that this was my final letter before i sent them a letter before action and made a complaint to FOS and FSA.

My points in the letter where that he PPI was mis-sold as the PPI box was pre ticked

That there was no information that the purchase of PPI involved buying insurance.

Nor at any time was there information that the policy could be cancelled

That in the letter sent by their staff claimed that this information was on a separate screen

i pointed out that this was irresponsible as such popups are often blocked as they are a popular method for getting viruses onto machines.

The information should have been next to tick box otherwise a responsible computer user may block this necessary information.

I also pointed out that they did not supply the T&C's of the PPI when i did a SAR

and as such they have either broke ICO guidelines or the conditions did not exist and as such MBNA did not provide the written documents as required by the FSA.

The letter they sent back denies everything but upholds my complaint.

I hope this provides a glimer of hope for others who have a virgin/MBNA card who applied online and were mis-sold PPI.

Now one the cheque has arrived time to reclaim unfair charges i think they will fight harder on that one.

A big thank you to CAG this site and its community is a goldmine of information.

Currently Pursuing three credit card companies for PPI and charges.

Capital one: Sent the required SAR information late, currently working out my claim.

Egg: Sent the required SAR information on time, curently working out my claim.

Virgin/MBNA: Still waiting less than week left to copmly with SAR.