Cabot (UK)...again!

hiro666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Yes it's Cabot again!

I was looking through my credit report on Experian to see an account that was registered to Cabot. Default date circa 06/2007 with some regular updates...so far so good.

Then I thought to look up under Check My File to see three Cabot accounts,

all open (not sure exactly what that means) under Equifax but no mention Experian anywhere.

Two of these accounts were also shown under Call Credit but as closed.

What the three open Cabot accounts displayed in the credit history however was different from any others.

As an example, there was an old 'Communications Supplier' account shown as closed with a £0 balance.

This same account is in my Experian report as settled - and in all displays in the credit history there is a single black D box in the month indicated as the default month.

In the Cabot account credit histories, there is a black D box in every month for the last two years!

Does this mean they are registering a default on those accounts every single month, effectively making it impossible for them to go statue barred.

Also, my thinking is this - once they go statute barred, will I get hassled from lots of other low life DCAs who seem to buy these up at 10p for the £1?

an account will fall of your CRA on the defaults 6th birthday

as for the row of 'd's

it prob just the way that cra shows a missed payment marker.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

registering or updating a cra file

has no bearing on SB date.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A default has nothing to do with SB, that happens 6 years (and a month?) after last payment or acknowledgment of the account.

Also reminds me I must write to Cabot about some accounts they claim are mine from a bank I've never had an account with.

Thanks,

I am not a bad person but I have dealt with DCAs and found them to be a rather disagreeable bunch. I have a few anecdotes about phone calls and threats but a visit to my local CAB and more importantly to this site gave me the confidence to read up and get myself educated.

Great site, a Godsend for people like myself who want to get rid of debt.

OK, so after 6 years those on my credit file will drop off and I should then be able to look at getting a mortgage within another a year with my girlfriend which is what she has always wanted.

Will any unpaid defaults affect this plan (even though I know all the gumf tells me it shouldn't, I do not really trust anything to do with the finance industry) AND

My plan is to offer to settle the accounts outside the six year statute so they will affect my credit reference - am I off my head for thinking this is a good idea?

Once these have fallen off your credit file, which will be 6 years from when they were placed on their, then these accounts will be statute barred anyway, so there is no point in settling these accounts when they are statute barred, they will be unenforceable.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks everyone,

So knowing that I can leave these behind me...something I was asked by my partner which I had never thought about, how can a DCA put a default on an account if they are not the Original Creditor? I thought only the OC could put a default onto a credit history. I never asked for a CCA as I have a tendency to bury my head and stick my fingers in my ears.

the owner of a debt can do with they like sadly to your cra file.

but they can only put one default notice [defaulted date]

on it

cant keep changing the default date

they can update as much as they like with markers

but they can never change a default date or default a debt twice.

dx

and they