Oak aquarium help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I purchased a solid oak aquarium, stand and lid 8 weeks ago which cost approx £1500. Since I have had it the lid of the aquarium has warped so much it has totally snapped!

I have been calling the shop for two weeks as I can't go down as I'm disabled and can't drive and the manager has been ignoring my calls. I managed to speak to him today and explained about the lid and he stated that a few had been returned as with being natural wood the lids will warp and snap, as the wood is a natural material and it is effected by water and heat. I asked what they can do and they said they could replace the hood if I go down to the shop and collect it (this is impossible as I can't drive and I'm disabled so wouldn't be able to carry it as 6ft long solid piece of oak is so heavy) however they would not deliver it (however my original purchase they delivered)

They also said this would continue to happen because it Is wood and a natural material but they could not continue replacing it every few weeks for me

My question is what can I do? I now have a rather expensive aquarium which has a lid which is going to warp and not fit for purpose? However if I have this replaced it will do the same, and b) if they took the whole tank back I would have over £200 worth of fish a) without anywhere to put them and b) if I had another tank it can take weeks to get it to the stage I could add the fish.

SOGA. Use it.

If the aquarium lid is made of actual wood and not a composite, then really it should have been left untreated before it was made so the wood can adapt to the atmosphere. Once it has done that, it can then be treated and made into whatever is required.

Again, use soga. If the retailer refuses to accept, then simply issue a lba, then follow it up with court action if necessary.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D