help please - Barclaycard PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All,

I recently received a rejection letter from Barclaycard regarding my PPI complaint as they cannot locate any information regarding my historic accounts. Is the onus on my to substantiate my claim?

Any help would be useful.

Many thanks.:???:

Sadly I think this may prove very difficult then.

Barclaycard will claim they they do not hold data beyond six years old and if the account was closed more than six years ago then they may have destroyed the records anyway.

I think that unless you can come with some data you may be kippered.

We do know that BC have mysteriously found information as some members have got stuff going back to 2002 after pressing them hard but it hasn't been easy.

With your SAR did you give them details of the address you were at when the account was open? If not you could try that.

Alternatively you could try reporting to the ICO that BC have failed with your SAR and see what they say.

Its not going to be easy I'm afraid.

Dear ims21.

Thank you for your insight. I will continue with SAR request and apply pressure.

On a seperate matter, LLoyds tsb credit card recently came back to me to deny my PPI claim on the basis that I ticked the original application box to request ppi. This claim goes back to 2002 and from memory, I have never signed any applications (including Debenhams) and i would refute their response - what action can I take (i am a Lloyds customer)?

Thank you.

NB: first time user, sorry if I am posting in wrong areas.

As regards Lloyds, tell them that you want to see evidence that you ticked the box.

You are perfectly entitled to challenge their decision so go through their refusal letter and challenge each point you disagree with.

Out of interest, what were the reasons you gave for the mis-sale of these items in the first place?

ims21 - thank you. I intend to challenge their decision.

My rationale for PPI complaints is that I neither wanted them, they were never explained to me or were of no use to me at the time of applications. I guess thats the correct emphasis?

I guess like most people, I am going after alot of claims.

Lloyds settled at the beginning of the year, which was nice.

Natwest credit card settled earlier this year too.

Debenhams - pending

Kwik-fit - pending

HSBC/Midland bank - pending

Any tips would be useful.

Thanks alot.

Well your grounds for the complaint seem valid.

The best tip I can give you is keep at them and have a read around the PPI threads....there's a lot of information in them which may help you.

Also have a look in the PPI success sticky as there links there to the success threads....start with the latest ones first.

i had the same letter from barclays aaying they could not locate a policy.i then sent oF for S.A.R and that came back with a policy

number highlighted in blue marker with the words ppi protected ,sent these details back to re,open my claim and last week got the same letter saying they cant locate a account (ive just sent it to them) now its gone to F.O.B.