• Tweets

• Hi @Andyorch   Some update - I have informed the mediation as suggested and received a letter from court saying they'll be transferring it to local court on 30/10/19.   Yesterday I have received the attached,  I have not received any correspondence from them on the 19th Sept as stated on the letter They have sent through "Reconstituted credit agreement" Seems they had received this from Barclaycard in August but only just sent it through - is this a tactic? Would welcome some feedback.   Many Thanks   T CCA_Respose_Rec_20_11.19_Edited.pdf
    • That's not to say a Firmware update over the 'net couldn't add that functionality later, to allow a remote OFF.  There are issues with connectivity in some areas where they can't install them due to bad mobile signal, the meter uses an onboard SIM to connect so has no impact on a consumer's home internet.
    • This page from Shelter seems to have the answers to some of your questions.   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repossession/what_to_do_when_your_mortgage_lender_starts_court_action/decisions_the_court_can_make   HB
    • So had your friend left the country without leaving a forwarding address or getting someone to open their post? If they hadn't made arrangements I'm not sure if you can say that the claimants are at fault.   HB
    • Hi dx, please see below.  I don't think I have a defence! 🙄  Don't want to end up having to pay a shed load of court costs on top of what i already owe. What would your advice be?    Name of the Claimant  - Lowell Portfolio Ltd   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  19th November 2019   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) - 22nd December 2019   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.   Capital One (Europe) plc with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and currant balance of £274 J D Williams & Co Ltd with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £375 Shop Direct Financial Services with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £1129 Shop Direct Financial Services with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £1490 The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the Claimant And the Claimant claims: a) The total ot the said sums being £3268 b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £256 c) Costs   What is the total value of the claim? £3,268   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) I don't think so, I received lots of threatening letters but not sure     Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card and catalogues   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Not sure   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...)  yes - 3 defaults on credit file under Lowell's name   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - assigned to Lowells   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not sure   Why did you cease payments? Financial Difficulties   What was the date of your last payment? Around mid 2018   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No  
  • Our picks

rowan666

Any dealings with drydensfairfax re old creation [adams store card] debt?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2553 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

how has other members dealings with drydenfairfax been please ?

they have just written saying they have been instructed by Creation Finance ( Adams card ) to collect the debt,

They have also informed me their client will only allow any payment plan to run 24 months,

so i would need to re-pay £180.00 per month to clear the debt, this i cannot do, i can re-pay £50.00.

They have said in that case the client will accept £50.00 'without predjudice'

and at some time the 'most likely' take me to court, ccj me and get a charge against my property.

any feedback on this would be great, as im really staring to worry about this all.

R x

tell us about the debt please

does it show on your CRA file?

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

their client will only allow any payment plan to run 24 months,

they do not dictate to you. if they want money they are going to have to play now by your rules.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Yes it is on my credit file, it is a debt from a Adams store card.

In 2008-09 when things started to go pear shaped, all my other creditors accepted reduced payment plans and froze interest (or their in house dca did )

but Creation Finance would not, they also would not put me to the in house dca, but continued making payment plans with i could not stick to.

I wrote dozens of letters to them,( as the interest they continued to charge me, nearly wiped out the £50/60 per month i was paying ),

asking them to freeze the interest, but they would not.

I wrote to re-claim the £12 o/fee & default charges back, and got nearly all of them back,

in june of this year i cca them,

after a month of nothing i wrote saying account in dispute,

i reported them to oft, for non-compliance and the way they have dealt with me,

and told them i had done this, again asking them to put me into a payment plan that had no interest,

as of july of this year, even though i have made over a thousand pounds of payments to the account, i still owe as much as when i started

- i have had no reply to this,

apart from they are looking into my complaint.

i still have not had my cca to me,

so when i received this letter from drydenfairfax i was annoyed,

as i have never denied this debt, but want to pay it off, not just pay their interest, and thats where we stand.

I have chopped this down as there are dozens of letters back and forth.

regards r

if they have failed your CCA request

then time to send the failure to comply letter

and stop payments.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

I have sent a failure to comply to both Adams/Creations and reported them OFT, and i did stop payments TO Adams/Creations.

They have passed my account to Drydensfairfax to collect on their behalf.

I have made d/f aware on situation

My original post is for when they produce the CCA

As it is not that old a account, and im sure they will produce it.

I want to get ahead of the game.

R

ok

good move

well await the CCA, then post it up here. if it ever comes

till then ignore.

if the CCA proves enforceable

then

tell them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrin from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

then pay by your internet banking site only to the OC

dx

spreadsheets 

so even though drydenfairfax are now dealing with this on Adams/creations behalf, your advise is to pay the oc if and when the CCA is produced ?

well await the CCA, then post it up here. if it ever comes

till then ignore.

if the CCA proves enforceable

then

tell them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrin from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

so even though drydenfairfax are now dealing with this on Adams/creations behalf, your advise is to pay the oc if and when the CCA is produced ?

Well if it was me and an unenforceable CCA (or none) turned up, I wouldn't be paying them a penny, let alone £1 per month for any amount of time :roll:

Rob

is that not what i said.........

dx

spreadsheets 

both:lol:

spreadsheets 

is that not what i said.........

dx

Apologies DX :embarassed:

I read your post too quickly and posted in haste! (Had some food cooking and didn't want to spoil it - excuses, excuses I know!)

Rob

quick update - no cca from oc,

D/F say they are also waiting on info from o/c

about the complaints i raised to them over non compliance of cca and i have different balance owed than o.c ,

i have made 2 payment to D/F as i want to pay this debt off, and show willing.

R

...i have made 2 payment to D/F as i want to pay this debt off, and show willing

if you have decided to pay?, pay only what you can afford not what they 'want'. and ensure interest frozen. they won't take it court.

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

yes i want it paid off,

im paying the amount i said i could, the interest is frozen,

when i spoke to D/F a couple of days ago the guy im dealing with said if i could get a lump sum together,

they would most likely be able to knock about £1000 off bal,

i told him i did not have any savings to do that, and would be paying it all back.

i hope as you say, they will not push down the court / ccj / charging order route,

i want to get all my debts paid off, this time 3 years ago i owed about 8k more than now,

due to claim backs of ppi, and hard solid work of payment plans in place, ive reduced my debts down.

r

you need to findout WHY they are offering a discount

send an sar to creation

prob charges &/or PPI

IMHO i would stay off the phone too.

dx

spreadsheets 

..as i want to pay this debt off
as they so far can't satisfy a cca request, maybe could've waited a bit see if they can comply. if non compliance, maybe could've got more favourable payment terms/settlement discount. Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Thanks for replies,

ive re-claimed late fees/ over limit fees / £12.00 charges back from Creation earlier this year,and there is no PPI

i have spoken on phone when i ring them to make my monthly payments to D/F,

so only twice,

if they started to ring all the time it would be letter only ..!

I know i could have waited as they still have not produced the CCA,

but i want to start getting it paid as quick as poss,

as now there is no interest & charges being added all the time

will keep an update going though

thanks again

you still need to findout why they are offering that discount.

what interest did you get on the £12 charges reclaim?

dx

spreadsheets 

I used the 'calculator' one you gave me in another thread about another re-claim i have/had going on

I suspect the discount was spoken about by D/f, as they are aware Creations have not produced the CCA... only a guess though.

R

don't usually get a discount due to no cca

so you got back what you calc'd?

dx

spreadsheets 

Yes - as 'gesture of goodwill' though, not agreeing they did wrong by applying all those charges ..

but no matter, it came back, and thats the point isn't it

The 'if you could get a lump sum together, your looking at around a grand off the balance' came when i was doing my 2nd payment to D/F, and asking if they had heard back from Creations, as i dispute the balance of the account they have given D/F.

So i have never gone further into asking the whys / hows of this, as i have no lump sum to use to pay it off.

R