lynzpower

H Off-finance(ag1)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4701 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I can see a deposit has been made into my bank for roughly about the same amount as my charges ( slighltly more) from above company

Anyone confirm who they are- or whether this is a random deposit from elsewhere?

Hi, I have just had £1,121.64 put into my account from H - Off Finance.

I had previously settled my Loan protection Insurance after contacting them and saying I was mis-sold my loan protection. they made a goodwill gesture of a measly £147.91 and said that was all they could do, I took it.

Upon recieving this large amount into my account I called Lloyds to ask them where it had come from they didn't know initailly and then after investigation found it. They have said it had been paid in error and want £900.00 back via cheque. I couldn't believe that this was so as it wasn't even a figure anything like they had settled with. The girl couldn't say where the figure had come from, all she knew was that I wasn't owed it!

Does anyone know if I have any rights and can keep this money?

Many thanks

well, if they offered you £147.91 which you accepted, then they paid £1,121.64 obviously the extra is a mistake.

they do have a right to ask for the extra back.