Frederickson/ Carter and Natwest

Sweede66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a large outstanding debt with natwest, i originally contacted natwest who told me that they would not accept my repayment option. i was then passed to Allied international who i completely ignored. they eventually stopped all contact with me and i recently started getting letters from fredricksons international again demanding the debt. the address they have always had for me was my parents, which i had used when first opening my account. but since then frederickson have managed to send them directly to my own home address. i have been ignoring frederickson after reading several bad stories and comments about them on here and other sites. earlier this week i received a letter from Bryan Carter about it. My issue other than the debt is that i dispute how much it is, originally account was a student account and my overdraft was £1250, when i finished uni a "friend" who worked for them, transferred my account to a Gold advantage, this started incurring charges and the interest was ridiculous. i could never put enough in there to start reducing the OD and struggled most months to even make the minimum payment on time. this got out of hand when after my second daughter was born, i missed a month completely and could never catch up with my repayments. as things spiralled, i buried my head in the sand and tried to pretend it would all go away - stupid i know. i called cccs around Christmas time, but never followed through with it and i have got another phone appointment with them on Monday to see how and if they can help me. the debt now stands at £1999.90 and has been frozen at that amount. Are there any suggestions/ letters/ ways of approaching this, as now I have unburied my head and am facing up to my debts. i have already managed to clear £1500 worth that i had also accumulated, but this is the biggest one i have left hanging over me.

Ok.

First off, welcome to CAG.

Second, your debt is what is known as a bad debt. This means that someway or other its unenforceable. The fact that its being passed around some low end DCA's is proof enough of that.

What you need to do is, if you dont have full statements from before it was passed around, you will need to SAR natwest. The DCA's do not care about the status of the debt. They just see the number and tell you that you owe it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hello, thanks for the reply renegadeimp i've been off of work lately and didn't have access to a computer with a printer, i will get the info for that letter and get that printed and sent off asap. should i be worried of any threatening letters? i'm not sure if this is an approach or option, but would i be able to have charges and interest wiped off of the debt that were the result of it spiralling out of control? taking it back to the original overdraft limit or less if previous payments were taken into account?

No need to be worried about letters. Theyre just threat o grams that are normally sent out automatically. Of course, if you are worried or unsure, you can always post the letter up here, minus any personal info.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D