• Tweets

• Coverage.   SMETS 1 use a mobile network   SMETS 2  use a Government network, which where not suppose to know about 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣   https://www.smartme.co.uk/technical.html   As posted early on, if you have a smart meter installed make sure its SMETS 2     .....................
    • So it looks like a long trip to court is going to happen, I'm going to write out my defence, I've taken some legal advice and they said to ensure it is short and simple, with any evidence easily referenced and found for the judge.    So the basis of my defence is going to be:   Trespass and who can take me to court over it as per the comment above lack of visible signage and confusing signage about what part of the car park is owned by who, especially as it was at midnight Time taken to contact me after the offence was too long Grace period not given of 10 minutes Previous court cases of the same firm losing because of similar reasons   As the court location cannot be changed and I need to make a long travel to get there, plus all of the time wasted putting my defence together, if I am lucky enough to win, can I claim costs for the inconvenience? for example like this case: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/aug/26/parking-eye-takes-on-top-barrister-85-fine
    • I intend going back and getting photos DX, simply because I can't believe that I never saw ANY signs and even missed the machine to pay at.  Like I said I've frequented this place many times in the past few years so I think I would have noticed something different, unless I'm going senile  The times on the letter are a bit strange, the entry time was dead on x hr and xx mins but no seconds, whereas the exit was x hr, xx mins and xx seconds. I don't really want to go through the appeals process online, confirming all my details in the hope they will show the photos, just the cynic in me coming out 
    • Hi and thanks for the info.  Update: today received the SAR info - great you might think.    Just a waste of paper: screen prints, NO bills, NO data sheets from the meters, just copy letters of my complaints and their "we need more time" letters.  But wait, there is a disc. For disc you have to install Nero Secure Disk Viewer - use the password sent in separate letter - only to find recordings of misc phone calls by me over last couple of years.  Doesn't give any information to me whatsoever regarding this alleged debt.  Hopeless. Why it took so long to produce a package of worthless information I don't know.    Observations I did make was a sudden change from being Miss to Mrs on the screen prints, (not applicable) and something in the  "contact owner" heading/column, which may be a salesperson as I am not Hannah Leach, and I did not request a Hitachi product financed through BM financial in 2010.  (BG tabs for that page: Edit, Delete, or CLONE.)
    • Hi Cheshire and welcome to CAG   As the work was completed and paid for, it's down to the customer to take action against you if they remain unhappy and that could include court action.   Your only problem sounds like the failure to say in writing in your Estimate that "the colour match and finish would match as close as poss but you were working from photos so you cannot guarantee this aspect".   Learn from this and include any agreements, terms, disclaimer, etc in your written Estimate.   1. What was the approx value of the work done ?   2. What would the remedial work cost you including travel, material and labour ?   Even if you visited and redid work, who's to say the customer would then be happy after the friend got involved.
  • Our picks

Townsk

Wonga - please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2596 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been using wonga for the past year and never had a problem repaying my loan back but now my partner is loosing his job I can't meet my repayment date and very worried what to do I can't afford for them to take the money out of my account - should I report my card lost and get a new one will this be enough to stop them I bank with Halifax.

Do I contact them now or wait until end of month

I owe 1325 which I would be paying at end of month - how do I set up a repayment plan I can pay back 100.00 per month

I have been using wonga for the past year and never had a problem repaying my loan back but now my partner is loosing his job I can't meet my repayment date and very worried what to do I can't afford for them to take the money out of my account - should I report my card lost and get a new one will this be enough to stop them I bank with Halifax.

Do I contact them now or wait until end of month

I owe 1325 which I would be paying at end of month - how do I set up a repayment plan I can pay back 100.00 per month

Can anyone help I'm really worried about this and don't know what to do

contact them now before they start adding interest.Yes cancel your card say its lost I did .Then I only made payments to them via FPI -FAST PAYMENT OPTION

Send them a income and out come expenditure form .I did mine via NATIONAL DEBT HELPLINE you could even phone the NDH http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/

who can advise better than me.I got all my info from the other treads on here .

Also put

My offer of repayment is £*** per month. I have sent you all required information

I feel i must remind you of your obligations under OFT guidance on debt collection in regards to this debt Please reply within 24 hours.

.If you can get a letter from Halifax showing what payments you have already made to them scan that into your email.This shows that until your change of circumstances you paid regularly.

These are the e-mail Address's I used

hardshipreferrals@wonga.com

assessment@wonga.com

If they try and fob you of contact these guys-

aohn.hegarty@wonga.com

errol.damelin@wonga.com

keep all your emails to and from Wonga so should it ever go to court you have proof you tried to sort the situation and that it was Wonga who stalled.But after contqacting the two last emails with all my emails I had sent./Received they accepted my offer

contact them now before they start adding interest.Yes cancel your card say its lost I did .Then I only made payments to them via FPI -FAST PAYMENT OPTION

Send them a income and out come expenditure form .I did mine via NATIONAL DEBT HELPLINE you could even phone the NDH http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/

who can advise better than me.I got all my info from the other treads on here .

Also put

My offer of repayment is £*** per month. I have sent you all required information

I feel i must remind you of your obligations under OFT guidance on debt collection in regards to this debt Please reply within 24 hours.

.If you can get a letter from Halifax showing what payments you have already made to them scan that into your email.This shows that until your change of circumstances you paid regularly.

These are the e-mail Address's I used

hardshipreferrals@wonga.com

assessment@wonga.com

If they try and fob you of contact these guys-

aohn.hegarty@wonga.com

errol.damelin@wonga.com

keep all your emails to and from Wonga so should it ever go to court you have proof you tried to sort the situation and that it was Wonga who stalled.But after contqacting the two last emails with all my emails I had sent./Received they accepted my offer

Thank you for the info will do that today do I need to go into my bank with a letter asking them to stop all CPA to wonga?

I just called them and told them had lost my card .If your on line banking with Halifax just search your statements and copy paste the payments that you did make .

BUT DO NOT WORRY.If your worried about anything call NATIONAL DEBT HELPLINE .They helped my daughter get out of a major fix that was making her ill.Good Luck

Before you think of contacting them, you MUST secure your money and bank account. PDL's including wonga are well known for automatically taking money the second they get a hint that you might default.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thanks I will do i cant move my money to any other account or open a new one so how do i secure it ive reported my card lost so waiting for a new one - do i tell me bank not to allow any money to them?

You need to write a letter with specific wording, and take it to your branch before close of business at the latest the day before the payment is due to happen.

So if the payment is due on a friday, then the letter must be taken to the bank, photocopied, stamped and signed by thursday close at the latest.

If you need help, let us know. Also tell us the name of the bank, as some banks think they are above the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

my payment isnt due until end of this month 31st oct and i bank with the Halifax - what do i need to put in the letter

do i have to tell my bank about the problems im having with them - i have my overdraft which i pay each month but use and I cant afford to loose that so dont want to worry my bank

Nope. It is no concern of the bank what happens with your money. If you instruct them to stop specific payments and mechanics to a creditor, under UK law they MUST comply, unless the transaction was initiated by a court authority.

You also shouldnt just write that you want a payment stopped. There are a few other things to instruct them about to. If you need help, let us know.

ok can you tell me what i need to put in the letter or how to draft it - is there a template I can use - i def need help and thanks for the info so far

Can someone tell me what I need to put in my letter to the bank please as I will have to do this on Monday coming

ok so story so far - i cancelled my card with my bank and also asked them to cancel the automatic payments which they did - the loan was due to be paid yesterday and I sent emails as soon as it was due however i am yet to receive a reply

I did receive a phone call yesterday which i answered and was an automated service so hung up and received a text today to say it was still unpaid and to log into my account and make a payment etc

how long do they have to reply - i have sent to the below email address and still nothing

assessment@wonga.com

ahon.hegarty@wonga.com

errol.damelin@wonga.com

Hi Townsk

If you read my thread which is prob just above or below this one you will see it was 5 days from the due date that they acually replied to my emails.