• Tweets

• Hi. I have received the SAR today. Looks like they did send a default notice, looking at it neither me or my husband remember ever seeing the letter. However, I know we cannot prove this like they can and have.... I guess there is nothing more I can do?  Thanks for all your help 
    • Dx thank you so much for all of your help this year you really are an angel you are a credit to this site and I’m sure 1000’s more would agree with me in saying that you are a perfect example of why nobody should lose hope in humanity the way society is starting to look today. I really can’t find the words to express my gratitude for your gumption. I really can’t apart from say thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
    • In terms of the result, in hindsight, I think that the manifesto possibly went too far.  I think nationalisation of utilities, railways and royal mail is a good thing due to the fact privatisation sucks money out of the system, and things end up being paid for several times over.   I'm not sure nationalisation of BT was such a good thing.  Our network is pretty rubbish and leaving infrastructure projects to private companies is incoherent and inefficient, but that might have been a step too far.   I disagree it's all Corbyn's fault because the Tory's campaigned on a very simple message - "get brexit done".  In effect, their manifesto was very basic, and labour haemorrhaged leave voting labour voters so desperately tired of the process.  There was a hell of a lot of anti Corbyn propaganda from the word go.   I said after the referendum that the Tory's would be screwed because they wouldn't be able to deliver on any of the promises made, and for a long time it looked like that would be the case.  However, I never took into consideration the effect of Boris Johnson would have because he's a very good salesman... I would bet my life on us having a deal by the end of next year, and whatever we're left with will be championed as a massive success... I'm sick of it all if I'm honest.  I've had people banging on about remainers can all shit up now, they lost etc, as if they'd won the lottery.  But when I look at it, it was all still based on nonsense and misinformation, so I think we've all lost.   We're now left with a Tory government that has a huge majority so that they can push through anything they like.  Where's the democracy there?  Leavers wanted more democracy, but Johnson having played a blinder, has secured less democracy and conviced them they're all winners.  Coupled with their promise to "renegotiate the relationship between parliament and the courts" I'm concerned all these leave voters aren't really thinking clearly.  I've also said all along that brexit was about the elite in our country having more overall control, and now they have it.  They've even convinced working class labour voters that it's in their interest.  How did this happen?
    • Hi  Received another scrawled letter this morning ,    just to to inform you that I am still waiting for further instructions from the court.    Please would you you provide me with a copy of my letter, where you have stated In your letter to me , dated 29th November 2019 ,  that my recent letter states I do not wish for you to instruct an expert or make an independent report on our behalf?    You also state that in my letter I also do not want your input in the Instructions letter to the expert.  Please forward a copy of my letter stating this to you.    Please forward where the judge states that I had to forward a written draft letter to you, with the instructions for the expert? Also where it states I needed to send you a copy for you to check to see if it’s appropriate.    Please would you send me the copy of my letter, sent to yourself, where you state , I have written all the above instructions to yourself .    Guessing she’s not kept a copy of the letters she has sent me. Oh dear!     
    • How many more times!!!  It was a global recession!!  Seriously, I feel like I'm in a cuckoo clock.  Answer honestly, surely if the country had been bankrupted the price of food would have shot up and we wouldn't have been able to draw any money out from a cash point?  These things are what I would expect if we had gone under as a country.
  • Our picks

Townsk

Wonga - please help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2599 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have been using wonga for the past year and never had a problem repaying my loan back but now my partner is loosing his job I can't meet my repayment date and very worried what to do I can't afford for them to take the money out of my account - should I report my card lost and get a new one will this be enough to stop them I bank with Halifax.

Do I contact them now or wait until end of month

I owe 1325 which I would be paying at end of month - how do I set up a repayment plan I can pay back 100.00 per month

I have been using wonga for the past year and never had a problem repaying my loan back but now my partner is loosing his job I can't meet my repayment date and very worried what to do I can't afford for them to take the money out of my account - should I report my card lost and get a new one will this be enough to stop them I bank with Halifax.

Do I contact them now or wait until end of month

I owe 1325 which I would be paying at end of month - how do I set up a repayment plan I can pay back 100.00 per month

Can anyone help I'm really worried about this and don't know what to do

contact them now before they start adding interest.Yes cancel your card say its lost I did .Then I only made payments to them via FPI -FAST PAYMENT OPTION

Send them a income and out come expenditure form .I did mine via NATIONAL DEBT HELPLINE you could even phone the NDH http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/

who can advise better than me.I got all my info from the other treads on here .

Also put

My offer of repayment is £*** per month. I have sent you all required information

I feel i must remind you of your obligations under OFT guidance on debt collection in regards to this debt Please reply within 24 hours.

.If you can get a letter from Halifax showing what payments you have already made to them scan that into your email.This shows that until your change of circumstances you paid regularly.

These are the e-mail Address's I used

hardshipreferrals@wonga.com

assessment@wonga.com

If they try and fob you of contact these guys-

aohn.hegarty@wonga.com

errol.damelin@wonga.com

keep all your emails to and from Wonga so should it ever go to court you have proof you tried to sort the situation and that it was Wonga who stalled.But after contqacting the two last emails with all my emails I had sent./Received they accepted my offer

contact them now before they start adding interest.Yes cancel your card say its lost I did .Then I only made payments to them via FPI -FAST PAYMENT OPTION

Send them a income and out come expenditure form .I did mine via NATIONAL DEBT HELPLINE you could even phone the NDH http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/

who can advise better than me.I got all my info from the other treads on here .

Also put

My offer of repayment is £*** per month. I have sent you all required information

I feel i must remind you of your obligations under OFT guidance on debt collection in regards to this debt Please reply within 24 hours.

.If you can get a letter from Halifax showing what payments you have already made to them scan that into your email.This shows that until your change of circumstances you paid regularly.

These are the e-mail Address's I used

hardshipreferrals@wonga.com

assessment@wonga.com

If they try and fob you of contact these guys-

aohn.hegarty@wonga.com

errol.damelin@wonga.com

keep all your emails to and from Wonga so should it ever go to court you have proof you tried to sort the situation and that it was Wonga who stalled.But after contqacting the two last emails with all my emails I had sent./Received they accepted my offer

Thank you for the info will do that today do I need to go into my bank with a letter asking them to stop all CPA to wonga?

I just called them and told them had lost my card .If your on line banking with Halifax just search your statements and copy paste the payments that you did make .

BUT DO NOT WORRY.If your worried about anything call NATIONAL DEBT HELPLINE .They helped my daughter get out of a major fix that was making her ill.Good Luck

Before you think of contacting them, you MUST secure your money and bank account. PDL's including wonga are well known for automatically taking money the second they get a hint that you might default.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thanks I will do i cant move my money to any other account or open a new one so how do i secure it ive reported my card lost so waiting for a new one - do i tell me bank not to allow any money to them?

You need to write a letter with specific wording, and take it to your branch before close of business at the latest the day before the payment is due to happen.

So if the payment is due on a friday, then the letter must be taken to the bank, photocopied, stamped and signed by thursday close at the latest.

If you need help, let us know. Also tell us the name of the bank, as some banks think they are above the law.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

my payment isnt due until end of this month 31st oct and i bank with the Halifax - what do i need to put in the letter

do i have to tell my bank about the problems im having with them - i have my overdraft which i pay each month but use and I cant afford to loose that so dont want to worry my bank

Nope. It is no concern of the bank what happens with your money. If you instruct them to stop specific payments and mechanics to a creditor, under UK law they MUST comply, unless the transaction was initiated by a court authority.

You also shouldnt just write that you want a payment stopped. There are a few other things to instruct them about to. If you need help, let us know.

ok can you tell me what i need to put in the letter or how to draft it - is there a template I can use - i def need help and thanks for the info so far

Can someone tell me what I need to put in my letter to the bank please as I will have to do this on Monday coming

ok so story so far - i cancelled my card with my bank and also asked them to cancel the automatic payments which they did - the loan was due to be paid yesterday and I sent emails as soon as it was due however i am yet to receive a reply

I did receive a phone call yesterday which i answered and was an automated service so hung up and received a text today to say it was still unpaid and to log into my account and make a payment etc

how long do they have to reply - i have sent to the below email address and still nothing

assessment@wonga.com

ahon.hegarty@wonga.com

errol.damelin@wonga.com

Hi Townsk

If you read my thread which is prob just above or below this one you will see it was 5 days from the due date that they acually replied to my emails.