jewellery shop holding my money

AS0708
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I went to a jewellers "eternity" to sell some gold. I got more money than I expected and I didn't want to walk around with the amount at the time so I asked if they had a club I could put the money in to keep a hold of.

2 days later I went back in and picked 3 items to buy and I had £160 left to spare.

I asked for it back in cash but they said I can't have it and that I'd have to spend it in the shop. I don't want anything else from the shop, I need the cash.

I have a receipt from them after buying the 3 items that states I have £160 "CASH" left.

Can they do this?

Why can't I get my money from selling my gold?

Thanks

Why would you leave money with them like this? Why didn't you ask them to transfer the money directly into your bank account? It would have been sat there waiting by the time you had found the nearest ATM.

I would go and demand your money and don't take no for an answer. If you sold goods for cash, then it is what you want, nothing less.

Forget about clubs etc and grow up where money is concerned. This shop is a business, it is not your friend. They are there to make a profit.

Hi

To give you better advice you need to be more clearer in the information you have provided.

1. Did you join the CLUB you stated and if so what are the Terms & Conditions.

2. Did they provide you with a reciept for the money kept at the store.

3. Were and Terms & Conditions clearly stating they money let had to be spent in that store only.

4. Are they registered with a regulated body.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group