style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I owe Wonga £240. I am unable to pay it and So i got a loan default notice via email, and text from them.

My payment was meant to go out on 28th September but because i blocked the payment from my side, the payment was declined by the bank lol and on Sat 29th, i sent them a letter for repayment of 50 a month and enclosed first payment. All was copied and sent by Recorded Delivery.

This morning i received a text saying that my wonga repayment is still due and interest is being added!

Can Wonga do that, and also, is it likely they will sell my debt on since im making payments, and lastly... will it affect my credit score.

I just need to know where i stand if i have to take them on

All you owe is the original loan, plus original interest and a first default charge. Wonga can add on whatever they like. You won't be paying it.

Resent the letter/email stating the payment offer, but this time, use your bank and send them the payments directly to their account by standard order. Use your loan number as a reference number. On the letter/email, make sure that you state that you deny all liability for the unfair charges/interest that they are adding to your debt, and that the repayment plan you chose will be adhered to.

You did the right thing by blocking the payment, and it sounds like they are getting frustrated because you are in control of your money now, and not them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Theyve got no chance now. Theyve had 2 lots of restrictions placed on their licence since their application.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Well the interest was never really actually added...well just £1.06 actually, interest has been frozen and they put me on a 6 month repayment...happy days!! but theyre cheeky how they havent took off the money i sent them via postal order( but i know they take time to credit peoples accounts - up to 14 days lol ) so i sent them a nice but stern email.

will update when i get a reponse.

oh and renegade, i sent quickquid a long email reguarding all the issues ive faced with them, and how they cant refuse payment, like u said. The only response i got was my loan was 800 and the 200 extra finance charge was already added to the account as i did extend once, totalling 1012. (But im still going by the default notice anyhow.)Thats it lol. no apology, no answers...nothing, nada.. niente although i have to say, i wasnt surprised.

Quick Quid are usually ignorant to UK law anyway. They are based in the US, where the laws are different.