Zero contract Hours Job

LongHairedLily
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have just returned from my Ingeus appointment at Southport and was placed in an interview for a well know under a pound store. The interview was very strange I pulled my CV off the computer (one for him and one for me)..He didn't read it just asked the usual questions any holidays , any health issues and restrictions on work times. I managed to eek out of him it was 35 to 40 hours per week, however I told him I am looking for part time only. He then said the contract is on a zero hours contract. Any ideas how this would work with working tax credits and other benefits. What are the worker rights on a zero hours contract?

Any idea?

Hi

I have just returned from my Ingeus appointment at Southport and was placed in an interview for a well know under a pound store. The interview was very strange I pulled my CV off the computer (one for him and one for me)..He didn't read it just asked the usual questions any holidays , any health issues and restrictions on work times. I managed to eek out of him it was 35 to 40 hours per week, however I told him I am looking for part time only. He then said the contract is on a zero hours contract. Any ideas how this would work with working tax credits and other benefits. What are the worker rights on a zero hours contract?

Any idea?

I have been wary about accepting any Zero Hour Contract previously, and remain so.

Of course, if the employer wants to pay peanuts.... then refer them to a website known as "Monkeys Are Us".... and, if the employer wishes to be serious about any job offer, ask them to get back to you.

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Grammar

I have been wary about accepting any Zero Hour Contract previously, and remain so.

Of course, if the employer wants to pay peanuts.... then refer them to a website known as "Monkeys Are Us".... and, if the employer wishes to be serious about any job offer, ask them to get back to you.

Hi Rebecca I was dubious too when stated it would be zero hours. I only want part time so I may start the business up so I have a steady income until my business has gone into net profit...

Hi Rebecca I was dubious too when stated it would be zero hours. I only want part time so I may start the business up so I have a steady income until my business has gone into net profit...

Hi... Good luck with the business. I haven't gone down that road yet since I need to negotiate an initial contract with a client first, Ingeus do not offer staff with the competence to manage their way out of an open and transparent paper bag, and their main concern is to get everybody off benefit and claim £ from the Government.

If they can persuade someone to set up a business, even if that business is not sustainable, and even if the individual has to claim Working Tax Credit simply to reach an income broadly comparable to Job Seekers Allowance, then irrespective of whether the business is viable, Ingeus can claim £215 for every 4 weeks that the individual trades up to a maximum of 2 years.

In the meantime, of course, if the candidate does not keep their paperwork in order, they are likely to receive a tax bill from HMRC in diue course to repay £'000's.

If your business involves selling a product, then with eMarketing and eCommerce, you should supply the entire world. It is trivial to set up a website, establish a link to Social Media, and then to establish a link to other portals (such as Amazon and eBay).

Hi... Good luck with the business. I haven't gone down that road yet since I need to negotiate an initial contract with a client first, Ingeus do not offer staff with the competence to manage their way out of an open and transparent paper bag, and their main concern is to get everybody off benefit and claim £ from the Government.

If they can persuade someone to set up a business, even if that business is not sustainable, and even if the individual has to claim Working Tax Credit simply to reach an income broadly comparable to Job Seekers Allowance, then irrespective of whether the business is viable, Ingeus can claim £215 for every 4 weeks that the individual trades up to a maximum of 2 years.

In the meantime, of course, if the candidate does not keep their paperwork in order, they are likely to receive a tax bill from HMRC in diue course to repay £'000's.

If your business involves selling a product, then with eMarketing and eCommerce, you should supply the entire world. It is trivial to set up a website, establish a link to Social Media, and then to establish a link to other portals (such as Amazon and eBay).

Hi Rebecca the ebsite is my major bother, do you have any links to any companies or sites I can set up my site from, this is my only area of concern! I need to be able to brand it with my logo as you know logo is an important factor in marketing a business.Thanks!

Hi Rebecca the ebsite is my major bother, do you have any links to any companies or sites I can set up my site from, this is my only area of concern! I need to be able to brand it with my logo as you know logo is an important factor in marketing a business.Thanks!

Quite a few companies offer free web space on the server... they need to attract web traffic, and this is one way to do it.

Two such facilities, offering support for Apache, MySQL and PHP is given by http://www.freewebhostingarea.com/

http://www.zymic.com/free-web-hosting/

However, others exist - simply do a google search under the "Free Webhosting Apache MySQL, PHP" search term.

You can develop your website on your own system, proof it, and then ftp it to the server.

• 4 months later...

i cant see how you would be sanctioned for not applying for a zero hour contract job. By nature these jobs don't offer a set wage or hours. You are called into work when needed. hanging on the telephone comes to mind.

Unless you are guaranteed minimum hours and a wage, i would decline these and make your job centre adviser aware. If this was me then i would be expecting a guaranteed minimum of 16 hours a week to sign off of benefits. Dont take my word on this as it is just my opinion, contact CAB or your local law centre for confirmation though. At this moment in time the job centre will lie through their teeth just to get a person off of benefits and lower the figures

Thanks Squaddie for info. Just got back from maternity leave and couldn't commit because of childcare. Because of sickness and hols at work, manager asked if i could work so many hours a week...I feel like am being asked to commit, which defies the whole reason i never went back on a sheduled contract. I can try and work those hours but then feel bad if some weeks i can't do them...

Weebly is free. Easy to use. I have my website on there.

The only thing I haven't figured out yet is a guest book, someone mentioned about it the other day.

I sell on eBay & Facebook. Also forums related to the subject I make & sell bring me 'custom orders' which in fact is what I have been mostly doing this year so far.

I'm enjoying being self employed so far. But it's not quite a year yet, I haven't been asked to do a tax return, not looking forward to that, but it's ok once you have done the first one apparently..

http://royalascotreborns.weebly.com/