Natwest Credit Card Services - Section 75

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I desperately need some help to understand how Section 75 works.

I paid part of a Solicitors bill by credit card for services rendered to my wife (the services was in their name but paid for by me as a primary cardholder). My wife is a secondary cardholder on my credit card account.

We discover some 2 months later that the Solicitors had misrepresented my wife and charged for services that they had failed to provide. I have sought to make a claim against my credit card with documentary evidence but they are now citing that they are not liable as the service was for my wife's benefit.

My point is that we paid for this using MY credit card, I made the payment using my credit card (not my wife's) on the basis of information the Solicitors had provided me in a face to face meeting (where my wife could not attend) and the Solicitors had categorically told me a pack of lies. I paid the invoice rendered which forms the crux of the dispute with them.

Can anyone help on this?