Sick Pay for Part Time Workers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter works part time 16 Hrs a week. She had to take two weeks off because she was ill, her employer informed her that she is not entitled to sick pay for the time she took off. She was told that you have to earn £107 per week to be entitled to sick pay. Is this correct?

No it isnt. How long has she been working there?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She's been working there for 20 years, it's a caring home.

She was previously entitled to sick pay, but the employer stated that the government have changed things recently and you now have to earn £107 to get sick pay. Which seemed strange because most changes come out in April.

The only thing the government have changed is that part time workers now have the same rights as full time workers.

If you are signed off work sick by your doctor, and you have a doctors note, then after the first 3 days, you are entitled to SSP minimum.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have found out why she is not entitled to sick pay.

It's the change in Lower Earnings Limit

From April 2012 the limit was changed to £107, she's earning slightly below this figure and therefore now does not pay National Insurance Contributions or Income Tax, and is now not entitled to sick pay.